Arcturus

someone has been to their gig in Västerås?

I heard that in Hamburg the sound was quite bad..hope it was better at the other venues.

and btw, I think Vortex has a great voice!:headbang:

Oooooouf!!! Poor Mr. V!!! Another band!!! That would be nuts!

But, honestly, I might be the only one to say that, but I am glad that Garm left Arcturus, as it seems to have breathed a new life into this band, who now tours, has already a new album, and is now a full time band rather than some neglected side-project! Garm was almost the death of Arcturus. Oyvind was all right, I've heard a bootleg on which he sings, and, he did do a good job. He would have done a suitable long term singer for Arcturus, providing everything worked out. But, it didn't, and Simen I believe was the most awesome choice! I never even dreamt it possible that he'd do a permanent return in this band, after his most stunning guest apearance on La Masquerade Infernale.

As for the new album, it has been constantly in my discman for the last month. I love it.
Mr V is awesome, but, honestly, I would not want to replace him for anything in the world. Anyways, he already has to keep up with Borknagar and Vintersorg, and on top of that, he probably has a job... And a social life.

If I compare this to my playing keyboards in 2 different bands, pre-university science program school and social life...I would hardly ever find a place for anything more...hell, I already avoid making friends at school because I have trouble finding times for those I already have.

I think Simen is the only man who could replace Garm in Arcturus. His voice fits the band perfectly. I would love it if that Oyvind demo leaked though, just to see how it sounds.

karpsmom said:
I think Simen is the only man who could replace Garm in Arcturus. His voice fits the band perfectly. I would love it if that Oyvind demo leaked though, just to see how it sounds.

I agree. I strongly recomended Simen when I left Arcturus. I feel that I contributed a lot to Arcturus with my style of singing and I'm really proud of the demo and the live shows I did with them, but I still feel that Simen fits Arcturus better. He just sounds more...Arcturus.
About the demo...I can't imagine that Sverd will leak it.

Oyvind H said:
I agree. I strongly recomended Simen when I left Arcturus. I feel that I contributed a lot to Arcturus with my style of singing and I'm really proud of the demo and the live shows I did with them, but I still feel that Simen fits Arcturus better. He just sounds more...Arcturus.

It would be nice to hear your performance with A, I can imagine that your style also matched the band in Question. And Simen of course do a great job as well.

mr V

Oyvind H said:

Well you could always ask if they wanna leak the Demo??
I would really like to hear that too,infact it's making me all curious..

Just wish Arcturus played "Fall of Man" (sorry but it's my fav song) at the gig here in Holland,as i never heard it live,not by Garm or Simen..
And i agree with your point "Simen sounds Arcturus",but not only that,also his style and appearance it just all fits,on top of all that,he's a real nice dude..

Angeleyes Part II said:
I would really like to hear that too,infact it's making me all curious..

Just wish Arcturus played "Fall of Man" (sorry but it's my fav song) at the gig here in Holland,as i never heard it live,not by Garm or Simen..
And i agree with your point "Simen sounds Arcturus",but not only that,also his style and appearance it just all fits,on top of all that,he's a real nice dude..

I vote for that. Is making extremely curious...

but hellammer. the drummer. he plays in more then seven band!! and work on a mental hospital. how in hell can he make it go togheter. its a mysterium for me.

Angeleyes Part II said:

The demo is not mixed and I doubt it ever will be. I doubt they will take the time to do that since they have a perfectly suitable singer, and I can't see that Simen would have an interest in doing that either. I would like to have a copy myself, if only for the memories, but I will not leak it anywhere. For our ears only...

Oyvind H said:
The demo is not mixed and I doubt it ever will be. I doubt they will take the time to do that since they have a perfectly suitable singer, and I can't see that Simen would have an interest in doing that either. I would like to have a copy myself, if only for the memories, but I will not leak it anywhere. For our ears only...

All i hear is doubts Oyvind,i mean if you don't ask them you will never know if there interested or not..it should be discussable imo..
Any particular reason you don't want the Demo to leak out?even when you know there are ppl who would really love to hear it??
And eh..another thing,do you remember the setlist of the live gigs you did in 2003,if so,could you post it here please,if not that's ok too..

Sideshow Symphonies -
This CD is black metal by virtue of pedigree only. In the early 90s Arcturus releases were inventive, prog-influenced metallurgy unfortunately they've became increasingly slick as time wore on. This disc is overproduced and the only impact I feel is Arcturus hitting an all time low. I just don't get it? I've been a fan for years and if this is what it's all come to. Please stop.

Vintgar said:
I love the new Arcturus. It doesn't have to be like the others imo.

Agree.
All Arcturus records are different from each other and as I understand, Sideshow Symphonies are not a direction of how they're going to sound in the future. They'll always change, and so far they've done 4 marvellous records (including Disguised Masters) and one that I don't enjoy very much (Aspera...) IMHO.

BTW, anyone else likes the version of "Master Of Disguise" with rap in it? I absolutly love that one...