Best Borknagar singer

I may be alone in thinking that Garm did the best vocals, although the songwriting in the Vortex era was a little better. I am a little disappointed by Vintersorg - I hope the next album will be a little more hard - edged.

I think that "Empiricism" is perhaps THE Borknagar masterpiece, and I feel that Vintersorg has added something to Borknagar.... another dimension. I mean, just listen to "The Genuine Pulse", "Four Element Synchronicity" or even "Gods of my World"! The man can do both angry, screaming vocals and lovely melodic, clean vocals! He's a genius!

I personally like Vintersorg the best. I think Garm is awesome in what he's doing now and wouldn't really suit Borknagar at this point in time. I think I like Mr. V most because I love his main band, and also because Empiricism is Borknagars strongest release so far.

They have all such a amazing voices. Its impissible to chooce, they all good in diffrent ways.

Originally posted by Morgana
I don't think it's a good topic at all!
All "vs" threads are ridiculous, every person is an individual, so is a musician. You can't compare.
Also tastes are different...

Why are we here then?... Taste are different yes... that's why you want to hear someone elses taste

I'd go for Garm and Vortex. Garm for his typical voice which i always loved and Vortex, i mean wasn't Vortex' voice brilliant on "The Archaic course" ?! His variety of going up and down with it, wow:eek:

I've actually changed my opinion since the last time, now I'd go for Vintersorg instead of Garm. I already preferred V in the growling/screaming department, and I think his clean vocals are consistanly good, everything that happens is interesting and well executed. Garm is still the best in my book at taking over a song by dropping in one of his amazing vocal lines, his voice just rules, but overall, Vintersorg gets my vote.
Vortex is good too, I do think he suffers from the production though, I really don't think Peter T (I'm not gonna try spelling it ;)) is too good at producing clean vocals (not just basing it on Borknager either).

Garm work is at his best in Arcturus, Simen work is at his best in Dimmu Borgir, and Vintersorg work is at his best in... Vintersorg.

I think the three singers are different and bring something new each time to the band. However, I prefer the style of Vintersorg, but I don't think he is more talented or anything, I just like him.

Samarkol

All 3 vocalist have good moments in Borknagar , but i think Vintersong impress me more because the Geoff Tate(Queensryche) -like clean vocals in Empiricism . Don't get me wrong , Garm have excellent vocals , but i think
he develop better his vocals in Arcturus , meanwhile Vortex have impressed me when he joined Dimmu Borgir.