Best Clean Vocalist

Originally posted by Russell

Yeah, Chris Isaac is great :) Hehe, early rap and hip hop are ok :) So is much techno.. but I agree with you on the opera thing :eek: God, that's far more headache inducing than any metal ever will be :D

Well, any kind of Rap and Hip Hop is like :eek: for me. Thrown in here and there in songs, I don't mind, buuuut...

Techno: that constant badam-badam-badam... I suffer real migraine anyway, so one form of it is enough, don't you think? Hehe...
I prefer some atmospheric Trance and Ambient instead.

And Opera is fine with me, as long as it's instrumental... gosh... :eek: What was I just saying about migraine... :D

Anyway, to each his own....

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
And Opera is fine with me, as long as it's instrumental... gosh... :eek: What was I just saying about migraine... :D

There is no "Instrumental" Opera, that is a contradiction in terms. There is always singing in opera, since it's something of a theatrical play and there have to be dialogues.

In hip-hop and rap, I have to agree that I don't know any exceptional singers since the actual "singing" is not a great part of the songs. It's more spoken words and I believe that in these genres the lyrics matter a lot more than the voice.

As for favorite vocalists, there are a lot but the first place i think is a tie between Jan-Kenneth and Kriss Rygg

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Well, any kind of Rap and Hip Hop is like :eek: for me. Thrown in here and there in songs, I don't mind, buuuut...

Well, although I like some later stuff, I'm a fan of really early hip hop like Herbie Hancock.. when he did it it had jazzz and funk influences, and there was no rapping ;) It's just that a lot of people started using it to rap to.. etc. :)

Techno: that constant badam-badam-badam... I suffer real migraine anyway, so one form of it is enough, don't you think? Hehe...
I prefer some atmospheric Trance and Ambient instead.

Trance and ambient are great, so is techno :) Hehe, if you don't like the techno bass never listen to gabber :eek: That's pretty hadache inducing as well ;)

Anyway, to each his own....

Indeed, a concept many metalheads seem to have remarkable trouble understanding :) Which is a shame because (as you obviously know :) ) they are missing out on a lot of good music..

Nobody mentioned Kjetil Nordhus yet, the singer from Green Carnation . He has an amazing voice! But i also like the above mentioned Lars Eric Si, Matt Barlow and Warrel Dane very much and of course Mr. Vintersorg for having an interesting voice ;)

Originally posted by Mocika
Nobody mentioned Kjetil Nordhus yet, the singer from Green Carnation . He has an amazing voice! But i also like the above mentioned Lars Eric Si, Matt Barlow and Warrel Dane very much and of course Mr. Vintersorg for having an interesting voice ;)

He sounds just like Ozzy at times :) Its freaky :eek:

MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU?!?!?!?!?!?

IF ANYONE IS BETTER THAN CHUCK BILLY...I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHO HE IS. CHUCK CAN SING A MELODY, GROWL LIKE SATAN.....PLUS HE IS ONE OF THE COOLEST GUYS YOU WILL EVER MEET. PLUS HE IS KICKING CANCERS ASS!!!!! WHAT MORE DO I NEED TO SAY?

deciples of the watch......OBEY!! OR I'LL BURN YOU TO THAT CROSS!!!!

Dainel Heiman from Lost Horizon :eek: What a voice!! Just amazing, I also love Hansi Kursch, WOW! Bruce Dickinson of course, Matt Barlow, Harry Conklin, Tony Kakko..... Ummmmm... It's late... so I cant think of a whole lot right now, my brain isnt working to it's full potential, but I would give my middle toes to sing like any one of these guys! I say my middle toes, because they seem pretty useless :D