Best Borknagar Vocalist

• Vintersorg

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • ICS Vortex

Votes: 49 43.4%
  • Garm

Votes: 25 22.1%

• Total voters
Vintersorg is more dynamic with his voice, especially nowadays. And he has a keen sense to come up with really good melodies. I voted for him. Vortex is really good though as well, but Garm blew nuts.

Vintersorg is more dynamic with his voice, especially nowadays. And he has a keen sense to come up with really good melodies. I voted for him. Vortex is really good though as well, but Garm blew nuts.

What the fuck is wrong with you!? Garm has the greatest voice in history, no matter how he uses it. Especially his clean vocals have the greatest range ever. He is all that Vintersorg wishes he could be. (Although I do like V on everything apart from Origin and Waterclime)

You know, originally all my negative comments towards you was just jokes and playful teasing, but now I'm really starting to dislike you.

Fear my wrath >=[

Risking your wrath...

I think Vortex's vocals are a little overrated because he was the vocalist on Quintessence. I liked the Archaic Course as an album a lot more, and I think the vocal work on that album by Vortex is much more interesting, but still mixed in its result. His work on Arcturus is sexy though...

And, hey, I'm one of those people who bought Dimmu's albums just to hear Vortex sing occasionally on their choruses. I like him a lot! But I always thought Vintersorg was just a much better singer in general, even if his vocal style gets on some people's nerves.

I actually haven't heard Garm; I got into Borknagar via Vintersorg, not vice versa (although I owned Archaic Course for a long time).

Point is... Dan Swano owns all these guys! AM I RITE TUMN?!

And, hey, I'm one of those people who bought Dimmu's albums just to hear Vortex sing occasionally on their choruses. I like him a lot! But I always thought Vintersorg was just a much better singer in general, even if his vocal style gets on some people's nerves.

I was one of those people who went to see Dimmu just to hear Vortex sing. Probably one of the greatest things I've ever heard!

I went with Simen... Then again, "The Archaic Course" is the peak for Borknagar as far as I'm concerned! Epic is a close second for me though...

Maybe you should listen to Dauden and try saying ^that again.

:oops:

i have. i still don't see whats so great about him, especially when compared to vortex or vintersorg.

isjungfun...i'm not even gonna try anymore. don't get bent out of shape over my opinions...your acting like a stereotypical christian.

i have. i still don't see whats so great about him, especially when compared to vortex or vintersorg.

Garm got a very versatile voice too.

If you hear Aspera Hiems Symfonia, Bergtatt and Borknagar's self titled (all released the SAME year) you would notice the great difference between them. Garm did an amazing work in each one of those albums doing different voices to create different atmospheres... indeed, those 3 albums are considered very unique and some great influential material (specially Bergtatt). check out Kveldsjanger... it's beautiful ^^

With The Sham Mirrors Garm proof he can sings in higher tones as simen or andreas. so, comparing this 3 guys, the deepest voice is the Garm's.

But I'm still prefering Vintersorg over him, but he follows closely... actually I like Garm as I like Vortex.

Vortex is totally lost now... After Borknagar and the almighty Arcturus, he only sings in active way on Dimmu - just a half minute per song, on a couple of songs of an entire album-, it's shameful.