Best Borknagar Vocalist

• Vintersorg

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • ICS Vortex

Votes: 49 43.4%
  • Garm

Votes: 25 22.1%

• Total voters
I don't really like Vintersorg's vocals (although he's incredibly gifted) much, but I respect him hugely as a musician and artist. In Borknagar my favourite is Simen, followed extremely closely by Garm. If it was best vocalist overall ( not just in Borknagar) I prefer Garm.

I love all three vocalists and Vintersorg is one of my all time favourite singers and musicians. But the other day while listening to Nightingale I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if Dan Swanö were the vocalist for Borknagar.

Dan doesn't do black style vocals, so it wouldn't be very good.

My favorites for Borknagar are between Mr. V and Garm, real hard to choose because I love the albums with both of them the most.

Well, I have to admit that it was really difficult to choose one, because the quality of the different albums makes one's opinion biased :Smug: , so it was really hard to focus only on the vocals :rolleyes: :Smug: .

In the end I voted for Vortex, I would've have voted for Mr.V but in the end I know that Vortex's vocals are much better :headbang: :kickass: .

Garm is really good too, but still Mr.Simen (he he gott what a name U.U) pwns all our behinds :headbang: :p .

I woder who'll win, it's a tough one, the V's are in a close fight. Vortex is silently approaching Mr.V... . :Smug: .

For how long will the poll stay? Because I think that most Borknagar fans of the phorum have already voted, I can only think of Solefald who hasn't :Smug: (hey hurry up! vote for Vortex!)

I wrote a little story concerning the poll hehe, hope ye like it! :kickass:

The Battle for the Mountain of Cold​

Who will win this epic battle of unprecedented dimensions?

Will it be the contemporary one? For he is the one who is grasping victory in his winterly hands by destroying the light that comes from the third fall... .

Then again, could it be that he who is with "the thhird brightest star on the firmament" will win? Will his light and the one of his compatriots blind all and make their way to victory?

Beware, for he lingers close behind the shadow of winter and might just blind her all.

Or will it be that in the end the Wolf will hasten and reach them all? Take caution, for even though he is a lone one, he can survive all seasons and dwell in both light and darkness.

Their future will soon be known to us all... .

Yay!!! :headbang: :kickass: :worship:

I would've liked that you'd let the poll a little bit more, I feel that a lof of people didn't vote hehe :p .

Anywya, I'm glad Simen won :) .

It's a very difficult choice, but Vintersorg did the best vocal work (for me).
ICS Vortex have a very distintive voice; in Colossus he sounds just like a philosopher in the aghora ^^. But Vintersorg Kick ass!!!

I think Vintersorg is the best, although Vortex isnt too far behind.

One thing that sucks though is that the older Borknagar albums suffer from poor recording quality. I like a clear, clean recording where you can here all the instruments good. Even Quintessence, in my opinion sounded a little muffled.

~B

Sometimes you need a not-as-good production so as to preserve the atmosphere and overall power of the music. Take Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk for example. With a clean, professional production, that album would suffer greatly. Same goes for Borknagar's earlier albums.