Votes: 49 43.4%
  • Garm

Votes: 25 22.1%

• Total voters

Allfader

Kvelding
Mar 14, 2006
Near Mountains
I don't know if someone did this before… anyway, let's vote!

My Vote goes to Mr. V.

I like a lot Garm with his old-school grim vocals and his ancient clean voice, and Vortex is very very talented, he got awesome voices too, but the voice of Vintersorg is simply insane!!!

His grim vocals are great and his clean voice is unique and inbelievable! He sings with an unbeatable feeling… damn, he's a Genius and he's one of the best Vocalist in all metal scene (the #1 for me, maybe Simen be the #2 in my list).

Since the music itself has changed a lot with each vocalist, I personally find they're all wonderful in their own unique ways. But being the biggest Vintersorg fangirl in existance I will have to go for him. Vortex has a very impressive vocal range though, which I find in Arcturus he really gets to show that off.

If we compare the Garm era, the Simen era and the Andreas era... the music has changed a lot... the evolution is amazing and Mr V is the man in this new Borknagar age...

My favourite Borknagar album is Empiricism, but my #2 is The Olden Domain and Epic (Quintessence could be here too)... I'm a great fan of Ulver (more the black/folk era than the "newest") and Arcturus... I just think in Borknagar Mr. V kick asses (maybe more than in Vintersorg itself :p )

(I'm still dreaming with to hear the incredible viking voice of Mr V once again...)

ohh here we go again..
voted Garm for his amazing vocals on The Olden Domain.

long story short, i like Mr V a lot, especially on his other non-borknagar bands.
vortex is pretty good too, but i still fail to see why many others consider him as a great singer as they claim he is. i mean sure, he's good, but he can't compare with other vocalist in the metal scene, such as Lazare or Oyvind.

I think the music behind the vocalist is very important. I like Mr. V a lot, but if he had sung the first album it would have been worse, likewise Garm on Epic, or anyone on any other album. They are each perfect and the best for each of their respective works.

Either Vinter or Garm, they are both my favourites but I'd have to give it Vintersorg as I love his self titled band and he's an old favourite, even though I enjoy Arcturus too!

I love all three vocalists and Vintersorg is one of my all time favourite singers and musicians. But the other day while listening to Nightingale I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if Dan Swanö were the vocalist for Borknagar.

Dan Swanö would be crazy to hear in Borknagar. He doesn't really belt notes or do any big soaring vocals that often, so it would be interesting to see if him do that since Borknagar kinda requires that!