Best Borknagar singer

Although I like Vintersorg's performance, Simen's vocal had a little bit more unique character to it. Garm didn't really strike me as too great of a vocalist.

Simen is my favorite Borknagar vocalist. Vintersorg would be a close second. But as someone mentioned earlier, no one can touch Simen's clean voice. He was amazing live with Dimmu when I saw them a few months ago.

My first Borknagar album was 'the olden domain'. I liked it but only 'the dawn of the end' was great. Quintessence came next and this is my favourite album of all time, also because of the great vocals from Vortex.

With empiricisme i was afraid that vintersorg couldn't compete with vortex, but they roughly have the same type of voice, perhaps vintersorg is somewhat cleaner but i think Vortex fits the band better.

The archaic... my last album, brought forth feelings of nostalgion and thus vortex is my favo singer and he fits borknagar the most. garm is good but that's it. Vintersorg is very good (visions from the spiral generator rulez dude ;)) but vortex just fits Bork better...

I thing that in theire long "career" BorkNagaR has only vocalists who fit the band in particular moment. I can't imagine for example "the down of the end" without Garm or "Colossus" without Vortex. That's the way i cannot find the better vocalist for BorkNagaR at their present stage than Vintersorg. The present BorkNagaR requires Vintersorg as a vocalist and i support that.

That would be the same as saying that Jared Andersson (Morbid Angel, anyone?) couldn't sing 'Immrtal Rites' originally sung by David Vincent... which isn't true. That you can't imagine that The DAwn of the End is being sung by anyone else then Maelstrom doesn't mean it isn't possible...

Originally posted by Stich That you can't imagine that The DAwn of the End is being sung by anyone else then Maelstrom doesn't mean it isn't possible...

If you mean Vortex when you say Maelstrom you are wrong...The Down of the End is originally performed by Garm.
One explanation, when i say that i can't imagine The Down of the End without Garm i didn't mean that only he can perform it. I know that it can be sang by thousands ppl (i also sing it to myself ;) ) but that song has the only one singer who sing it perfect and exemplary. Garm is it's first peformer and also the best performer for me (it's not only about that one song - it's just a exemple. The same way Vortex is the best performer of Colossus and Vintersorg of The Genuine Pulse).
Amen ;)