Best Borknagar singer

Garm is my favorite singer, though I think Simen was the best FOR BORNAGAR. He determined their style, it (Archaic Course)was Borknagar's breaking point.
Vintersorg made Empiricism great, made a fine line between his own band and Quintessence.

so......everyone's winner!!!:D

As far as I know Simen did also the vocals for Ved Buens Ende's live performances!
Oh I'd die to listen how Ved's songs would be like with Simen on vocals!

Simen has an incredible voice. It lifts the listener to inspiration with its epic and otherwordly quality. When he sang live in Finland, the audience was enthralled. And although Vintersorg's voice is technically very good, he can never reach the beauty of Simen's clean vocals. As a growler, Vintersorg is definatly better, but he stands no chance against Simen. Garm was also great, but not up there with the best metal vocalist ever.

My ranking:

Simen
Garm
Vintersorg

And I would like to hear Vintersorg perform songs from the pre-Empiricism era. Can you imagine him singing "Colossus" or "Ruins of the Future" etc. I'll be curious when they come here for a concert. It's definitely going to be an interesting experience.

hard to say... Garm is GOD, but in Arcturus and Ulver. IMHO in Borkie the best is Vintersorg. 2nd is Simen and 3rd in my ranking Garm...

Originally posted by Dionysos
As far as I know Simen did also the vocals for Ved Buens Ende's live performances!
Oh I'd die to listen how Ved's songs would be like with Simen on vocals!

I'd really like to hear that. Preferably live (;))but any mp3s would be nice too.

As for best vocalist I don't really know.. Vocals are good/great on all three first album and though I haven't heard Empiricism yet I'm sure the vocals on that one will rock too 'cause it's mr. V :)

Originally posted by Ormir
Simen has an incredible voice. It lifts the listener to inspiration with its epic and otherwordly quality. When he sang live in Finland, the audience was enthralled. And although Vintersorg's voice is technically very good, he can never reach the beauty of Simen's clean vocals. As a growler, Vintersorg is definatly better, but he stands no chance against Simen. Garm was also great, but not up there with the best metal vocalist ever.

I agree. Except that Simen is also just as good of a growler as Vintersorg if not better IMO.

Originally posted by Somber Soul

And I would like to hear Vintersorg perform songs from the pre-Empiricism era. Can you imagine him singing "Colossus" or "Ruins of the Future" etc.

From what i heard of the Inferno gig over the radio last year, Colossus was very well done, with a bit of growling in some places :). Very good, IMO.

Anyways, my fav singer would be Simen, although I prefer Mr. V. for the growling parts.

Its split between Simen and Vintersorg (I havent heard Garm yet so maybe ill come back and edit after Ive DLd a few songs)

But if I HAD to choose, itd be Vintersorg, the mans clean vox are unique and beautiful, and his growl is just as good as Simens if not better :headbang: