Best Borknagar singer

How can someone vote for Vintersorg?! He`s nowhere near the two others!! Someone please kick his #§§!#:(&/fuk%&! ass out of this brilliant band. He should concentrate on his childish folk-pop solo-project, wich I never check anyway, so I never got to hear his fart-voice ever again. Votes goes for Garm and Simen, they are both awesome lead vocalists

Originally posted by John Doe
How can someone vote for Vintersorg?! He`s nowhere near the two others!! Someone please kick his #§§!#:(&/fuk%&! ass out of this brilliant band. He should concentrate on his childish folk-pop solo-project, wich I never check anyway, so I never got to hear his fart-voice ever again.

*PLONK*

Well Garm is probably my favorite vocalist alongside Mikael Akerfeldt, and Vintersorg is probably my second favorite vocalist. But it is hard to choose, because Garm wasn't as developed with Borknagar as he is now. For me it is a draw between Garm and Vintersorg, but Simen had such a unique sound... AAHHH i can't decide!

Its Hard to say for me....Each has a unique qaulity to his voice...Simen sounds like what i think of when i think of viking music...where as Vintersong sounds like what i think of for folk music...if that makes any sense??

Vintersorg definitely. He is by far the best vocalist ever from Sweden. He might even eclipse my old fave Bruce Dickinson with time.

Originally posted by John Doe
How can someone vote for Vintersorg?! He`s nowhere near the two others!! Someone please kick his #§§!#:(&/fuk%&! ass out of this brilliant band. He should concentrate on his childish folk-pop solo-project, wich I never check anyway, so I never got to hear his fart-voice ever again. Votes goes for Garm and Simen, they are both awesome lead vocalists

How can you call his music chilish folk-pop if you never checked it?

Anyway I join Eldzik here... *Plonk*

In my opinion Simen is way better than Vintersorg. Simen has the best all-round voice. He has a much clearer and better clean-voice than vintersorg has. To hear the difference listen to the Colossus on the album(perforemed by Simen) and the one recorded at the Inferno festival ( performed by Vintersorg). Even though the one is live and the other is recorded in a studio there`s a biig difference. Vintersorg has huge problems with the high parts of this song..hehe.. I find his vocals to be more vikingly:D

But then again this is just my opinion.. Both singers kick ass

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Todeswalzer
To hear the difference listen to the Colossus on the album(perforemed by Simen) and the one recorded at the Inferno festival ( performed by Vintersorg).

it's funny. don't compare studio vocals by Vortex with live vocals by Mr V. you can compare their studio works or live works, but not Vortex in studio and Mr V. on stage

Originally posted by Todeswalzer
To hear the difference listen to the Colossus on the album(perforemed by Simen) and the one recorded at the Inferno festival ( performed by Vintersorg).

If one had that live recording of "Colossus"...:cry:
Anyway, I agree with Eldzik. It would be unfair to compare studio work to live work. As we all know, these are two different entities. And especially Simen's voice was technologically enhanced on "Quintessence" (e.g. the multi-layering of the vocals etc.). Both Simen and Vintersorg deliver outstanding live performances (I've seen Vintersorg on tour with his own band and Simen only with Dimmu Borgir, singing one line here and there), I believe, which is way more than you get from other vocalists who suck live.

Originally posted by Somber Soul
Erm...yeah? :eek: In what format? Would it be inappropriate to ask for it?

cdr bootleg format:D i said about this bootleg in another thread