Are my DIs okay? / Anyone want to do a quick test-reamp?

jipchen

ForesterStudio
Nov 17, 2008
Munich, Germany
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,

i will start tracking my new band's album soon, so today i recorded one guitar with the DI Box (i've never done that before). Now, are the DIs good enough for reamping? Are they too loud / muddy...? Is the accuracy okay?

I can't try it myself because my amp+box are not at home. And you know how different you play with the guitar "unplugged"..
I recorded this directly into the DI and used the revalver mkIII-demo for monitoring.. i'm especially not sure about the palm mutes. Will they sound good through a "real" amp? :ill:

Could someone please test-reamp the track (it's one guitar, doubled), so i can see if the DIs are okay?
Thank you very much in advance :) :kickass:
http://www.box.net/shared/4nlgjloukk (git 1 a)
http://www.box.net/shared/tposmaguc6 (git 1 b)

The reamping doesn't have to sound perfect, i just want an impression of how it could sound.. (my amp for the demo would be a 6505, so that would be the optimum, but i'm also considering to let one of you guys reamp the album for $$ ;) )

Max

seems fine so far. Some minor mistakes in your playing, but nothing you couldn't fix with a short punch-in. Here's my short clip: reamped

PS: ach ich seh grad wir hätten ja auch Deutsch reden können. Kennt man eure Band? Schönen Gruß aus Erlangen;)

seems fine so far. Some minor mistakes in your playing, but nothing you couldn't fix with a short punch-in. Here's my short clip: reamped

PS: ach ich seh grad wir hätten ja auch Deutsch reden können. Kennt man eure Band? Schönen Gruß aus Erlangen;)
Haha I hate the mistakes, fortunately it was just a quick scratch-track.
I pretty much suck at guitar anyway :ill: :lol:
Thank you for the reamping, nice tone!

btw: Recording and playing at a time is difficult, especially the punch-ins

[Ne bisher kennt man uns noch nicht, wir spielen erst seit kurzem so zusammen, und innovativ sind unsere lieder eh nicht :loco:]

Would you mind software being used dude? I mean, if it sounds good, it is good!
Right :)

thank you two :)
i've recorded my guitars for 4 songs by now, so if there's anything wrong with the DIs (technically) i would... well... it would suck.

By the way: I feel really ashamed for the crappy playing on the DIs i've uploaded. So please stop reamping them because my penis gets smaller every fucking time i listen to them :lol: