Now Offering Reamping (free test reamps for a day)

Glad the superchunks are helping a lot. I can't wait to do something similar to my room, though it won't be all of the corners (due to the central heating's stupid pipes)
Did you by any chance make some measurements or you don't have a measurement mic?

Anyway, can't wait to hear some clips, cheers!

Thanks guys. It's come up to about 6 different projects lined up to reamp tomorrow so far. In the spirit of actually having time to get around to doing them all somewhat decently I may have to impose a cut-off soon. Cheers again for making this happen so quickly. I'm off to bed soon, but will check the thread again in the morning.

I would fire you some DI's but the last time i did that i was told they were on the noisy side (by a reputable member of this forum) so i wont bother you with them. I will on the other hand be shopping around for an EP worths of reamps for somebody else in the next few months, so I look forward to hearing these :)

Edit: If they get posted

Until then I might wait until I have the spare $2,500 needed to get one here in Oz.

Sorry to get off topic a bit here man, but where are you getting your Recto cab prices? The other guitar player in my band (Bekanor) got his Recto cab brand new in a shop in Newcastle (out of the box too, not a floor model) for 1900 even.

As for reamps, I don't have any DI's so I can't take advantage of this. Maybe some other time. :)

Wow Ermz! Talk about unexpected. Now we're all screwed!

Sorry to get off topic a bit here man, but where are you getting your Recto cab prices? The other guitar player in my band (Bekanor) got his Recto cab brand new in a shop in Newcastle (out of the box too, not a floor model) for 1900 even.

As for reamps, I don't have any DI's so I can't take advantage of this. Maybe some other time. :)

I've only seen prices like what Ermz is getting. Maybe a cash sale would allow some haggling to $1900, but even then it's a pretty big ask for a cab IMO.

No worries mate. I'll likely be hitting one soon because I have a friend who might want to buy my Stiletto cab.

EDIT: This is the same shop that my mate bought his Recto cab form for 1900.

Sorry to hijack thread.

I just realised I posted the wrong link. The link I clicked to go to that page says 'recto cab' but on that page it is saying it is the 'traditional' one as opposed to the oversized one.

Either way like I said, I know someone who bought an actual recto cab from there and it was a good price. Don't really trust what these guys say because they don't know too much in their shop. They're the kind of guys who think people going in there already know what they want, so they 'don't have to know much'. I went in there when they were hanging up an Ibanez Xiphos for the first time and I said "they're the new ones ey! How much for one of those?". Keep in mind, I'd already seen prices on the internet...and they said "ooh gee mate...for a guitar like that? *breethes through teeth* probably around 3 grand or so". We;re talking about a 1500 dollar guitar here...

Hey guys,

The day's work is done but unfortunately I wasn't able to fit in acappa and shadow_walker's projects. I went through about 7 or 8 different sessions, which took all of about 7 hours straight so I'm calling it a day!

Thanks again for all those of you who sent stuff in. It's been interesting, hearing how this head and cab interact.

Hey guys,

The day's work is done but unfortunately I wasn't able to fit in acappa and shadow_walker's projects. I went through about 7 or 8 different sessions, which took all of about 7 hours straight so I'm calling it a day!

Thanks again for all those of you who sent stuff in. It's been interesting, hearing how this head and cab interact.

thankies dude! just checked the p.m. ya fixed the awful chord in the chorus part too. i'll listen with more accuracy later at home :kickass:

No probs. If you grabbed it a while ago, check the link again as I updated it with some quick corrective EQ. The cab was making things a little too stuffy for me!

Also, no idea what you mean about the awful chord part, I didn't fix anything, haha. Are you referring to the chords that are out of tune near the middle?

I have to admit I had no idea how much gain to use for yours. The reason being that I think Steven treated those rhythm parts as separate tracks with different amounts of gain. He seems to kick in with high-gain on the choruses, but the verses are just overdriven. I tried to get a middle ground as I was doing the whole thing in one take.