Now Offering Reamping (free test reamps for a day)

No probs. If you grabbed it a while ago, check the link again as I updated it with some quick corrective EQ. The cab was making things a little too stuffy for me!

Also, no idea what you mean about the awful chord part, I didn't fix anything, haha. Are you referring to the chords that are out of tune near the middle?

I have to admit I had no idea how much gain to use for yours. The reason being that I think Steven treated those rhythm parts as separate tracks with different amounts of gain. He seems to kick in with high-gain on the choruses, but the verses are just overdriven. I tried to get a middle ground as I was doing the whole thing in one take.

did not check the new link. haha yes i thought u fixed that cuz i forgot i did send 3 tracks (1 was fucked, damn!). Yes, Wilson did use 2 different sounds, i think i'll do the same since too much distortion in the verse is useless.

Hey guys,

The day's work is done but unfortunately I wasn't able to fit in acappa and shadow_walker's projects.

No worries, in fact you can skip it if you have a lot of stuff to do. I only sent it so you can have a song with which to test things...and because I'm curious, of course.

I have to admit some of the results did sound a little odd to me. I'm thinking the amp needs a fresh set of tubes. I was finding it easier to get tones with the Bugera (which I still have access to btw, as well as a 6505 and Mark IV). All the same I did what I could for the folks that sent their submissions in, and I'm hoping some of them find the tracks usable for the time being. In the mean time we'll probably give the head a once over and get it singing pristine.

Thanks again to those who provided DIs, and apologies to those I ran out of time for.

I have to admit some of the results did sound a little odd to me. I'm thinking the amp needs a fresh set of tubes.

As Markus is going to write in an upcoming post :)D), go with Svetlana (logo C) or WingedC (same than Svetlana but different name for US) for poweramp. EH GZ3 for rectifier tube (perfect for what you need to achieve with this mod imo, I'm not a big fan of this because I use vaccum tube mod for bluesy/jazzy stuff=5U4G... But for rock and metal music you need to try GZ3). And for preamp tube: v1= Shugang, v2: Tung sol, v3: Shugang again (v4 is for FX loop and v5 is for phase spliter and outpout, so mount quality tube on it like some sovtek if you doesn't want break a bank:lol:).

Sorry muckypup! Just ran out of time, and I have to get back to some pressing mix projects atm so there isn't a chance to extend the offer.

You're welcome Kyle! If any of you guys that got the tracks are happy to post them, by all means do so.

Kyle just asked whether it was cool to post his, and I'm only too happy. Unreal playing on this track: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Reamping/Recto-Reamps/kyle.mp3

Sounds pretty beastly Ermz, I hear the slightly muffled/stuffy quality, but it's not too bad (though it could use just a touch more gain IMO) - and while I don't know enough about the characteristics of the cab to necessarily say whether the issue is it or the tubes, new tubes certainly couldn't hurt! :D

Tracks weren't shitty man. Just would've been good to have the different parts on different tracks. It was definitely not a 'one tone fits all' situation. Recto was a bit overkill for that song in general I think, haha.

I agree though, I think Kyle's came up the best out of the bunch. With the Recto it's all about the performance. I'd usually agree with the 'slightly undergained' comment, but in a case where someone really belts out the performance so tightly, I find having a little less gain will keep the guitars more percussive and ultimately more crushing in an end mix.

I also reamped one of my own current mix projects, but I can't show that stuff to you guys until it's mastered in early Feb. Should be cool though!