are people in bands better than civilians?

Strangelight said:
It's not just the journalists though, its a general attitude that should be associated with pop music, and thats fair enough, but its spilled over into what should be respectable underground scenes. I never ever saw people queuing for autographs and giving out sponky looks at any electronic night/festival that Ive been. No wonder everyone takes the piss out of the metal scene.

oh, i see. i dunno why that may happen tho... metal is a bit about posing tho, you know, glam in the past, now all this epic/power thing, its like some bands on stage are saying "hey, i'm here boys and girls, touch me". still there are bands like anathema who just wanna play the music and do a good gig without showing off and the fanboyism is there, but thats maybe cos the same people who listen to anathema go home and play hammerfall records afterwards, you know. that may be a reason that explains some of the attitude. ah, its complicated...

whenever i read these kind of things, it puts things into perspective

SECONDS: What's your sexual history?

andy CAIRNS (therapy?): I'm no angel, let's put it that way. I lost my virginity when I was nineteen. I had a lot of steady girlfriends, and then I went through a hedonistic phase. When the band started I had a girlfriend for quite a while and that fell apart. If I get the chance, I indulge. It's always safe sex, which is fucking ironic, but it's because I'm so fucking insecure and weak. I've actually written a piece about this for Details. It's about how it can destroy relationships and how it can affect you. I would say I couldn't get arrested with women, and then Troublegum sells three hundred thousand copies in Europe. Whenever we play there, there's like two thousand people and it's a different ball game because we get people that have seen you on television and people are finding you attractive simply because you are Mr. X in a certain band. And that's pathetic. But then again, these people would use me as much as I would use them. I would never hurt anyone. It's just one-night stands, and it's usually people that are into that. I wouldn't go for some fifteen-year-old who thinks I'm gonna marry her. It's a big weakness in me. I'm not Valentino, but when I get the chance I unfortunately haven't got the strength to say to myself, "You're just being an asshole."

somnium_in_tenebris said:
I believe at least that everyone takes advantage of his *fame* to do many things(either he wants to accept it or not) :socialize,get chicks etc cos its ego-boosting having "fans".and of course the stance towards female fans is "wow,she wants me sooooo bad".some try to hide it,some show it straight away,but the result is the same

bollocks

life would be so much easier if people just had this kind of turnable card around their neck: 'yeah i want to' / 'no i don't' :( and stick to their choices of course.

somnium_in_tenebris said:
maybe there are few who still keep the proportions( ?) (amen to them)
@Strangelight.i believe you didnt care to read the whole text:Smug: :Smug: :Smug:
people understand what they benefit to understand*blah blha*

people in bands that think they are any better than anyone else are not worth thinking about anyway; i feel just sad for them... the only really nerve-wrecking ppl that piss me off are groupies... i never thought there would be so many of them, but there are. i always try to tell myself those are just girls that have not self-esteem, who think that hanging around with bands or even sleeping with them make them something better, more 'valuable'... they got no life of their own, and that's a pity, really; it makes me just angry when some bands don't differentiate between groupies and those female being that really just want to do an interview with them...

apart from that - some people can hold a guitar, some people are good at physics, others do a brilliant job as a nurse - i think that latter one deserves at least as much respect as the oe holding the guitar...

Strangelight said:
we can stop this now,ok?
(btw the smiley was mostly reffering to the self-sarcasm of the next sentence than the previous...but anyway)
your question could be answered by the rest of the text "research"->"disappointed".
i dont think i hid sth here.i had my share of stuff and i think ive gone a step further now.

[Meeting people whose music "speaks to you" makes you excited at first.Needless to mention the ever deceptive *cute face*.I think its logical]

i know quite alot of nobheads in bands - like they command respect because they have some kind of self induced status...not all are like that, maybe youguys arent - i dont know you and so cant comment. i have more respect for someone who can think and feel in private than someone who can get on a stage and tell everyone .
im making reference to the 'look at me types' btw