Bands that sound better live than in the studio?

I say cannibal corpse add a whole new dimension to their songs live! Listen to "stripped raped and strangled" on the album, it sounds really flat! In a live setting that song kills, especially when they add extra screams to the intro and get the audience to growl along!

Yes, Cannibal Corpse are definately a live band, especially the Barnes-era material, and of that, especially The Bleeding. The crap production and Barnes' shitty vocals don't translate the heaviness of the material on disc; the stuff sounds 10x better live.

I ALWAYS thought Iron Maiden had much more power and energy in the live situation.. same with Iced Earth... I just dig the live cds better than the studio stuff..

I also think Goatwhore is kickass live.. even though I do enjoy the cds a lot. There are a lot of bands that come off better live.. but also a ton of bands that sound like shit live but have killer cds...

Amon Amarth sounded exellent live.... very energetic.... if only the double bass mic would work properly (half of the time all i could hear was the double bass and Johan's vocals) it would be perfect.