Are there no SX fans in Western Canada?

raythetse

Where am I?
Jun 17, 2005
They never comes to Vancouver or Victoria. A few people even shouted at Russel to come to Vancouver when I saw SX in Seattle last summer. He said they'd try, but I just checked the tour dates, they go to Seattle but can't be bothered to drive for 3-4 hours north to play Vancouver or catch a ferry to Victoria?

Are any of you from B.C.? Is there no market for the greatest metal ever out here?

Even when Gigantour came to Vancouver, Symphony X had already left the tour. I mean its totally worth it to drive to seattle to see em, but I it would be nice to only have to catch a ferry and then drive like 30minutes as apposed to driving like 3-4 hours to see em!

The only person I've ever met here that knows of SX is the guy I introduced to them cuz I didn't wanna drive to seattle alone!

Unfortunately this seems to happen a lot. I'm not sure exactly what it is since Vancouver has some sweet ass venues. It's just one of the problems with living out west... a lot of tours don't even make it to seattle, and fewer still to Portland and Vancouver.

i had to fly twice to see them (both times from winnipeg to toronto). they have a huge fanbase here in winnipeg, but i don't think they know it. we've had opeth, arch enemy, lacuna coil, and others in the same genre, as well megadeth, priest, ozzy, gwar, and all these other bigger acts on a regular basis

keep in mind that they don't even play MOST places in the U.S. - their home country. in their upcoming north american tour, they are playing in 13 states! that's very few considering that they are playing in florida twice, texas twice, and california four times!! be grateful that they play only 3-4 hours away (which sucks, i know - especially if you don't have ppl to go w/) but just consider the ppl who live in most of the continental u.s. who will have to travel 10-15 hours to see them. i think it's just really early in their [american] career and their talent far succeeds their north american fanbase.

keep in mind that they don't even play MOST places in the U.S.

i suppose this is true. maybe they need to hook up with a real major metal act and start establishing a bigger fanbase? they are totally worthy, so maybe they should leech some other act's fans?

they seem to be headlining their own tours a lot, but that is only for shows of like 200-300 people.

i know!!! they should have done a tour w/ dream theater in the u.s. - people would love it. i'm sure they'll get their big break soon enough.

the do Montreal and Toronto...thats because we're important and are in the two most recognizable states in Canada!:lol:

come out to montreal dude, its not that difficult!

And we shouldn't use the D word, I think doing a u.s tour would be cool, but d**** ******* get really borring, so Id only see them for symphony x!

Yeah, i'm just biased against d**** *******, but i think that (as in europe) it would do SymX a lot of good to open up for them.

I don't know what's worse though, epica or d**** *******.

..And I was just getting this cover band called "Epica Theater" together...

keep in mind that they don't even play MOST places in the U.S. - their home country. in their upcoming north american tour, they are playing in 13 states! that's very few considering that they are playing in florida twice, texas twice, and california four times!! be grateful that they play only 3-4 hours away (which sucks, i know - especially if you don't have ppl to go w/) but just consider the ppl who live in most of the continental u.s. who will have to travel 10-15 hours to see them. i think it's just really early in their [american] career and their talent far succeeds their north american fanbase.

I was just going to say that I guess there are just not enough venues in Canada willing to book SyX. Besides a couple TX shows and Atlanta the southeast gets crap for metal shows (especially SyX). I was going to rant that no venues in FL ever seem to want to book SyX; however, I just saw this comment (2 shows in FL!?). I don't remember seeing anything but TX and Atlanta on the list before, did it change?

-dashes to go look at updated tour list-

I wonder what Tarja is doing these days...

Tarja lives about 7 km from here (she has also another home in Buenos Aires if I remember correctly). She also had a gig in a local venue (some 1000 people showed up) the day before yesterday. After the gig there was fireworks and other celebrations. Don't really know why.