Best tour package of the year: Behemoth/Watain/The Devils Blood/In Solitude

Was going to go to the Chicago date tomorrow but I just found out it's sold out.

Yeah, impressive given that this show had to fight with Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost on the same night.

Luckily I didn't have to decide which of those two shows to go to, because I'm going to see Fang Island is in town too, and they'll be more fun than either of them! Yeah! Embarrassment of riches!

Neil

100% agreed. However in this case, Watain has/had members with criminal pasts so that probably threw up a red flag. They've had to have different live members for US shows in the past.

Hate to sound like a jerk, but then if I were in WATAIN and wanted to continue to tour internationally, I would not permit someone with a criminal past to be in the band. It will cause issues down the road.

Yeah, impressive given that this show had to fight with Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost on the same night.

Someone else said that too.

I don't really think the average Behemoth or Watain fan would even consider seeing Opeth in 2012 anymore anyhow. Don't really see too much competition between the two shows to be honest. I think the primary competion might be between the underground metal fans who would want to see In Solitude AND Ghost.

Saw this show on Saturday night and it was quite a treat! I wasn't going until after the last minute, so I missed In Solitude. Watain wasn't on the St Paul date for reasons to which I can only speculate. heh. So despite all that, I really glad I went to this show.

The Devil's Blood was excellent! I am the last person to enjoy a female vocalist in a metal band but this was spectacular. I knew nothing about them before this, so I had no idea what I was walking into. Her voice is powerful and with beautiful, clear tone that simply filled the entire room with tingling energy.

Behemoth were as mighty as their name! They brought all kinds of kick ass lights, wore the full paint, donned the detailed outfits, and shredded the place to bits! I don't know that many Behemoth songs, if any, but I was all-kinds of happy and into it. I haven't stayed for an entire set in a long time.

The place was jam packed and the crowd was reasonable. I greatly enjoyed our stop being 21+ as it changes the layout in the venue dramatically. Otherwise the "uncomfortably crowded" factor would have been doubled and made it a bummer of a night.

^^Watain had visa issues, showing up to the US this week.

It seems that a lot of these shows are selling out, which is great! It is also receiving praise from the kvlt warriors (for the openers) and the Hot Topic kiddies (for Behemoth) which is a total rarity in and of itself.

I think anyone who claims to like metal should experience Behemoth live. Regardless of enjoying their music (or the style), the intensity of their performance is second to none. They're the tightest band in the style and put together an amazing show night after night.

Watain is confirmed in Kansas right now via Behemoth's Facebook. I'm effing stoked to see this tour tonight! I'm about to binge sleep for four to five hours this afternoon just to have my strength for the show. It's rare that four bands play a show all of which I can't wait to see. Gonna be a special show. Will post some sort of review tomorrow!

It's still about a month away for us here, and there is another major black metal rager happening here between now and then, but my anticipation is building (mainly because of this thread).

It seems that a lot of these shows are selling out, which is great! It is also receiving praise from the kvlt warriors (for the openers) and the Hot Topic kiddies (for Behemoth) which is a total rarity in and of itself.

I do have to give props for this package and the dude who put it together (same guy who put together the Enslaved/Ghost/Alcest tour and the Bodom/Townsend/Obscura/Septicflesh tour) for bringing those two crowds together so seamlessly. I'm curious as to how In Solitude and The Devil's Blood go over on this tour.

I don't usually buy in advance for shows at the Masquerade, but it appears some shows on this tour are selling out.... Noticed that enterthevault.com isn't selling for this, anyone know what determines if they sell or not?

I don't usually buy in advance for shows at the Masquerade, but it appears some shows on this tour are selling out.... Noticed that enterthevault.com isn't selling for this, anyone know what determines if they sell or not?

Enter the Vault only sells tickets for the shows of tours booked by the booking agent who happens to own Enter the Vault.

A question to anyone who has seen this tour...

Obviously, Behemoth is the headliner. However, I just want to check, that before Behemoth is Watain, and before them is Devil's Blood?

Gracias.

A question to anyone who has seen this tour...

Obviously, Behemoth is the headliner. However, I just want to check, that before Behemoth is Watain, and before them is Devil's Blood?

Gracias.

That is correct. In Solitude is first followed by The Devil's Blood, then Watain, then Behemoth.

That is a shame. Their set in Atlanta on this tour was actually somewhat disappointing, but their set at Maryland Deathfest a few months later was absolutely phenomenal. One of the best performances I've ever seen from any band.