Enslaved US Tour 2009 (w/ Swallow the Sun/Keep of Kalessin)

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Norwegian masters of progressive/experimental metal ENSLAVED will return to North America in May 2009 with SWALLOW THE SUN and KEEP OF KALESSIN as support. Confirmed dates are as follows:

May 01 - Mokena, IL @ Pearl Room
May 02 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
May 03 - Winnipeg, MB - Royal Albert Arms
May 04 - Regina, SK - The exchange
May 05 - Edmonton, AB - Starlite Room
May 06 - Calgary, AB - Warehouse
May 07 - Vancouver, BC - Plaza Club
May 08 - Victoria, BC - Sugar
May 09 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
May 10 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
May 11 - San Francisco, CA - Slims
May 12 - West Hollywood, CA - Key Club
May 13 - San Marcos, CA - Jumping Turtle
May 15 - San Antonio, TX - Scout Bar
May 16 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
May 18 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
May 19 - Orlando, FL - Backbooth
May 20 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
May 21 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11
May 22 - Baltimore, MD @ Sonar - Maryland Deathfest
May 23 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
May 24 - New York, NY - The Blender Theatre at Gramercy
May 25 - Montreal, QC - Foufounes Électriques
May 26 - Toronto, ONT - Opera House
May 27 - Rochester, NY - Penny Arcade
May 28 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
May 29 - Louisville, KY - Uncle Pleasants
May 30 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave

Hell yes! I was in English class this morning and I saw the rumor of this tour with 2 dates, then some guy commented and posted the rumored dates and their was no Atlanta and I was so pissed. I was thinking of how I could go to the Orlando date because I usually go down there for the summer to visit my cousin. But now I don't have to worry about since there's an Atlanta date. Last time I saw them, it was the 3rd best concert ever for me so I'm really excited to see em again.

And perfect timing.....I just got Vertebrae in the mail today :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Any reasons given? This is depressing...

Here's what I have read at various sites:

Norwegian progressive metal artists Enslaved has posted the following message online:

"It is with great regret that Enslaved has to announce the cancellation of the North American 'Vertebrae' tour [with Swallow The Sun and Keep Of Kalessin] scheduled for May 2009. At the heart of the issue lies a tour that was hard to get together in the first place so we've decided to let the whole tour be cancelled and start working on setting up a new North American tour all the way from scratch again. . . Our sincere apologies to all the fans that were ready to come out to these shows; but rest assured — we are working day and night on setting up the new tour that will replace these dates."

I hope they hurry up and announce another tour and it BETTER have Atlanta......this was my most anticipated tour of 2009 so far. Enslaved are amazing live and the European setlist (usually is identical to their US setlists) was good and they were playing a few new songs.

This just sucks because my first year of college was gonna be over in May then I would get to see Kreator, then Enslaved. Not anymore :(