Are u ever coming to Mexico???

i'm surprised you actually have soap operas with an end. :eek:
here the evil mother-in-law would have been resurrected by the poor girl's twisted uncle, or something, just to keep the series bursting with new ideas after the tenth year. :lol:

rahvin.

@Violet: Yeah, I like pyramids too. I will go as soon as someone install an elevator. Y ciertamente, méxico sería mucho más agradable sin mexicanos. :p

|ngenius (Maria Mercedes? Strange people there...)

@Rahvin: Not only do they have ends, they are always happy unrealistic and just fucking dumb ends. You see, soap operas in Mexico are the only means poor, miserable and starving women have of having any hope that their lives will improve AT ALL before they die of starvation, suicide, or beaten up to death by their husbands. That and other curiosities like the dream of a poor girl getting famous and rich, or winning the lotery or a big price on a tv show.

The male population its easy, they just give them a sport ( soccer ) lots of beers and lots of Table Dance places and their forget they are starving and dying people who might as well be dead because their pathetic apathy about life and the problems of the current state of the country.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
The male population its easy, they just give them a sport ( soccer ) lots of beers and lots of Table Dance places and their forget they are starving and dying people who might as well be dead because their pathetic apathy about life and the problems of the current state of the country.
this could be a description of italy.

Miolo

That sounds like all mexican soap-operas we get aired here...
I guess they have an end so that they can show the same story in many different versions. :p

@manuel: you rock too! :D

i'm wondering just how did a simple question drove us into pyramids and soap operas...anyhow, it' that sort of things that dont really matter...
Let me tell u not mexican amigos, pyramids RULE, all of them and pyramids from mexico above all others....besides, this is a great place to be on holidays because its sunny to skin burning degrees, pollution causes strange colors in the skie, and u have really amusing entertaining in the city (if u dont beleive me try using the public transport buses or subway at nine a.m.)

i almost forget: i am thankful soap operas have endings....they REEEEEEEEEALLY SUCK!

Originally posted by Griffin
i'm wondering just how did a simple question drove us into pyramids and soap operas...

i think it's a combination of the following two:
1. we are very bored
2. we are very bored.

if you mix the proportions just right, soap operas get in the picture quite seamlessly. :p

rahvin.

Aaah, but no matter how bored we are at least we don't resort to soaps and come here instead to discuss those who DO watch them!

Sadly, Misanthrope is pretty much right. But not everything here is bad anyway. And that soap we're discussing isnt so terrible BY ITSELF, but the fact that 2 other soaps were made with the exact same storyline and the same actress (only in different places... "Maria la del Barrio" and ... ok Maria something, i cant remember the name and im thankful for that), and one even features a talking dog. Hah, the talking dog should be a clue as to how real the story is.

I do apologise to italians for poisoning their minds with that awful soap we for some reason sent to them. Maybe its some secret evil mexican plot to brainwash you and sloooooowly take over the world. :D

Originally posted by Violet Baudelaire
And that soap we're discussing isnt so terrible BY ITSELF, but the fact that 2 other soaps were made with the exact same storyline and the same actress (only in different places... "Maria la del Barrio" and ... ok Maria something, i cant remember the name and im thankful for that)
The other one must have been "Rosalinda".

Uh-oh....................:eek:

:rolleyes:

:cry:

:cry:

well actually those Maria soaps were inspired by a book that came out in the 19th century in Columbia or Colombia,whatever it is for you,that's really cheesy and has that formula.It was a best seller in all latin american and spain.the name of the book is Maria and can't remember the author right now,but it doesn't matter because I am sure no one wants to read it.
@rahvin: I was surprised at how long the damn soaps are over there,there are some soaps older than me and that is so weird
@siren: you rock and live on a rock,that makes it rockier!

The problem with long soap operas is that, no matter how old they are, the actors never get old, whereas you get old, and that is kinda scary. Now i want my mamma. :cry:

Siren (old)

---------------------------------------------------------

@manuel: You are Teh Great Believer in my rockish devinity, and you live in a country with pyramids made of rock, so if you keep praising me like this you will eventually be a rockstar gawd!

Siren (rock-opera)

I know my mental sanity and specially my free time and what i do with it are gonna be seriously questioned but the three soap operas are: Maria Mercedes, Marimar and Maria la del Barrio...u can blame my mom for this...sure i do.

Anyway i still want to see D. T. live. :headbang:

@Siren: well I think you don't have pyramids where you live but you have lots of water and can breathe under it whereas I can't even swim correctly so I must praise you and have confidence that you will save me next time I am drowning

in my signature you can see some rock pyramids way in the background

I must say, this has been the most Strange thread, i have ever seen, since the controversy of my post about the Clayman album of In flames, Wellto tell you the truth i know for a fact that Griffin did Saw those Soap Operas, In fact he has His Room filled With Posters of thalia...

And about the plot of the Mexican Soap operas To conquer the world, it has been there for a long time, remember those "Rosa Salvaje" and stuff??Tose are like the same plots opver and over, i dunno i think they are trying to get something in our minds, maybe they did, and we doesnt know..

I know it tends to get boring in here, but why... why Soap Operas.. i mean you could munch your armpits or something, but why that??

anyway I TOO NEED TO SEE D.T. LIVE AGAIN.

P.D. - Pepe Ya habla no seas culero, que mi fon no sirve..