Are you a Pantera fan? If yes what do you think about Damage Plan?

What do you think about Damage Plan?Good? Bad?Why?

• Total voters
Pantera fan here, fav albums CFH & VD...and it looks like I won't be checking out Damage Plan anytime soon :lol:

Catchy choruses, nothing to marvel at. I think Darrel and Vinnie just love playing and touring so much that this is an avenue for them to do so - and I respect the shit out of that because I think the fans truly mean a lot to the both of them. I like Pantera's stuff a lot, and the whole reason they broke up is because Anselmo became a bigger asshole than he already was. So...DP is something I wouldn't turn off, and I'd check them out if they were playing at a venue I was at, but I won't be buying the CD or anything...

I havnt bothered with Damage Plan prolly wont ...... I like Older Pantera "Power Metal" being a favorite along with Cowboys, Vulgar, and Far Beyond .. But I dont really listen to them anymore hahaha

I used to listen to Pantera a lot, it was one of the bands that turned me into listening to something heavier than glam ;) I saw them live the four times they played in Mexico, but the last one (Reinventing The Steel tour) was rather disappointing. Anselmo was so drunk he didn't even know what he was doing. He would start talking to the audience, loose his train of thought and not finish what he was saying.

Damageplan is ok, nothing special. We have the album on mp3, but I haven't really listened to it :p

"Cowboys From Hell," "Vulgar Display of Power" and "Far Beyond Driven" are great albums. I haven't really listened to much else from Pantera or any other projects of the band members. Nothing sounds too promising though.

I like Pantera's "Power Metal" and "Cowboys From Hell" albums and parts of "Vulgar Display Of Power" and that's pretty much it. Damageplan...uh......well, they're better than Supershit Ritual, but that's not saying too much.

madcheese9377 said:
Uhh not sure what you mean man, there's a big difference in Pantera and Damagplan. It's like Judas Preist and Cannible corpse.
David Spade and Chriss Farley.

Uhm, excuse me pal! I've heard only two songs from Damageplan so I'm not actually the right person to say how do they sound. Sorry! My mistake! :D But on the grounds what I've heard I'd have to say that their music really reminds me of Pantera. Basically I mean the riffs...

Some riffs yeah, Dimes' solos are annoying as hell though.
He still does the squeels but they are really bad, and get on my nerves.
One thing to add is Dime said that he didn't put the solos in unless he thought the song needed it, and then went on to say that the nu-metal heads of today would hear the solos and be confused and not like it cause it would be like another language, or something like that. :confused: I dunno what he means, there's some nu-metal bands that put solos on their songs, I guess he hasn't heard them or something.
Maybe hes' too old and is losing his mind. :loco:
I too prefer Down and Superjoint ritual, they are badass, I need to get the new Superjoint ritual, I've heard some of their songs already and want to get it. :kickass: