Arjen Lucassen's next project!

mtndewqueen88

Mark the Music
Aug 24, 2004
Atlanta
I'm extremely surprised no one has posted this yet, so without further ado, straight from www.arjenlucassen.com:

21-11-2006 - Arjen's next project

Finally, we are able to bring you some news about Arjen's next recording project.

At the end of September 2006, Arjen’s new studio was finished and ready to use. The very next day, Arjen went in with his trusted little tape recorder, and papers with dozens of song ideas that he’d been working on for the past year.

He has been in his studio nearly every day (and night) since then, getting the ideas translated into songs. The musical ideas are so extremely varied that only one project could possibly hold them all: Ayreon.

Arjen has already been in contact with some very interesting and talented people to help create a new dimension of the Ayreon Universe. Of course, we'll keep you informed on Arjen’s progress over the next months!

http://www.ayreon.com/news/news.php?news_id=206

I don't think I'm the only one when I say that this is extremely exciting news!
PS - Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow - yet one more thing to be thankful for this eyar - what a kickass thing to see first thing today :OMG: Something tells me that this may not have come to news to someone on this board :)

jeff

Arjen = Quality.

Not always.

Star One, Flight of the Migrator, and Actual Fantasy are wretched concoctions, Into the Electric Castle is way overrated, and the band he has with Marcella Bovio is subpar The Gathering.

That said, when he's on top, he's ON TOP. I.E. The Human Equation, or the best songs on The Final Experiment and something on Electric Castle

Star One, Flight of the Migrator, and Actual Fantasy are wretched concoctions, Into the Electric Castle is way overrated, and the band he has with Marcella Bovio is subpar The Gathering.

That said, when he's on top, he's ON TOP. I.E. The Human Equation, or the best songs on The Final Experiment and something on Electric Castle

See, imo, Electric Castle is his only great album. Human Equation is insanely overrate, and Final Experiment is solid as a pre-cursor to Electric Castle, but he hadn't quite got it 100% right yet. And the two Migrator albums are crapfests.

I agree with Sharif. Anything Arjen touches is worth buying, in my opinion. I'm so pleased he decided to go with a new Ayreon project and am looking forward to the wait for the first time. With the Human Equation, I hear he played a guessing game with his fans over the guest vocalists. How fun is that?

& KahlanRahl - discovering this news on a random whim to check his page really made my day too. :headbang:

However, if he isn't working with Stream of Passion, what's the chance Glenn will get Arjen over here for ProgPower? Seems like we may have to wait longer.

I love most things Arjen. I'm actually not much of a fan of Stream of Passion though, and Into the Electric Castle is probably my least favorite Ayreon release.