Arjen Lucassen's next project!

As I said in my post, it's Magali Luyten (BE) from the bands Virus IV and Beautiful Sin. SHe's the first singer announced for the new album.

You must not have listened to the sample because it is certainly not female. They haven't announced the first recorded vocalist.

You must not have listened to the sample because it is certainly not female. They haven't announced the first recorded vocalist.

And you must not go to their forum at all, so I edited my post above to show all the known info on the album.

Sorry, but the first confirmed, named singer is the one I said.

And you must not go to their forum at all, so I edited my post above to show all the known info on the album.

Sorry, but the first confirmed, named singer is the one I said.

My bad. That really does not sound like a female singer to me. Though she probably did the backgrounds too and that is the one part that does. And no, I don't go to those forums. I don't like going to band specific forums.

What an amazing voice - though I did think it was a guy! :loco: I'm excited to see more news come out about this album... I can't wait for it!

QFT, all of his stuff is great imo, he's my favourite musician.

Also, the first singer HAS been announced, it's Magali Luyten (BE) from the bands Virus IV and Beautiful Sin

Beautiful stuff I'm hearing so far. Magali has an incredible voice. I love her in Beautiful Sin, but I'll have to check out Virus IV and certainly the new Areyon once it is out.

I'm still having trouble seeing how folks thought that sound clip was of a guy. So it's not your typical operatic "pretty" female vocals - ala Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation. To me it just sounds like a female singer with a really bluesy and powerful voice - the best kind IMO. In fact, if you hadn't told us who it was I probably would have been like .. Oh My God! It's Kate French! Haha! :lol:

Beautiful stuff I'm hearing so far. Magali has an incredible voice. I love her in Beautiful Sin, but I'll have to check out Virus IV and certainly the new Areyon once it is out.

I'm still having trouble seeing how folks thought that sound clip was of a guy. So it's not your typical operatic "pretty" female vocals - ala Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation. To me it just sounds like a female singer with a really bluesy and powerful voice - the best kind IMO. In fact, if you hadn't told us who it was I probably would have been like .. Oh My God! It's Kate French! Haha! :lol:

I don't think it's a problem with it not being a "pretty" voice. :loco:

I guess not many people bought the "Beautiful Sin" album last year. I recognised her voice as soon as I played the clip.

It sounds like Arjen is really working her pipes on that one. Impressive.

Jason