art thread

best

Themanwithnoname
Sep 6, 2003
Istanbul
www.geocities.com
i just saw this portrait my high school friend imge did, i think its beatiful and i wanted to share it, if you like it she has a site http://imge.deviantart.com/

fade.jpg

coldwave said:
when i look @ pictures like this
http://art.rpg.hu/details.php?image_id=858
or
http://art.rpg.hu/details.php?image_id=748

drawn with a single pen... i cant help but admire their creator.
*praise*
in the words of a very funny girl, 'ive had more interesting shits'
these two pieces couldnt possibly get anymore bland and uncreative...if the point of art is to evoke emotionin any form, and if bordom is an emotion then i guess we can still call it art at least...

toolsofthetrade said:
another capricorn who got the hang of posting ;)
well if i think its shit ill say its shit, people tend to stay away from threads like this so they dont hurt peoples feelings (you can get sent down for that in poland apparently :lol: ) but the very point of thread like this should be what people think...its not a bitchy thing, its just honesty

blackeyed said:
well if i think its shit ill say its shit, people tend to stay away from threads like this so they dont hurt peoples feelings (you can get sent down for that in poland apparently :lol: ) but the very point of thread like this should be what people think...its not a bitchy thing, its just honesty

quoting the legendary Mehdi.e.e.e. when i arrived here:
meddy said:
i like you, you're all serious :lol:
i wasnt referring to what u posted, i just saw you posting like crazy thats all :erk:
:Spin: have fun lov

blackeyed said:

well, you seem to be very professional in judging what is art and what is not. if you dont like those 2 pic you can still check the whole site (btw these pictures were posted by amateurs, semi-professionals), though -- based upon your posts -- you deserve only the blackness in your head that takes form in your simple phrases.

you also seem to lack the ability to understand what is written or to abstract from mere words. (poland&co. in the other thread)

on the other hand, do what you want, i wont argue with you, cause for me you are an x long word that keeps posting to the board and for you im the same, we will never meet etcetcetc.

the only reason i posted this one is to let those have a look at it who are interested in rpg-related pictures. (sorry if you couldnt get RPG out of art.rpg.hu)

sorry if i offend, that was certianly not my intention! and i agree that i dont have the last say on what art is but, i do have a say regardless. theres an art thread of every forum at some stage and its always filled with 'awww thats nice' pictures of animals or landscapes, and i just find that kind of art bland. although i deffinately appreciate what you mentioned about the simplicity of just using one medium, i have to say those two images are lacking thats all. dont you think so much more could have been done, there doesnt seem to be much depth in them, and theres a distinct lack of feeling. when i look at them i dont see any trace of the artist, they seem to have been drawn simply for people to 'aww' at - and personally that is an aspect of art i truely despise.
as for my 'simple' language, i use it for a reason. its not that i cant comment in an educated manner on art- i can, i study it ffs, its just that simple language is all that was needed - 1) reflects the crude simplicity of teh drawings 2) sparked a bit of controversy to get this thread going a little ;)
and i found the bit about deserving only the blackness in my head quite hurtful actually, you should never judge a person in this way...and the lacking in ability to understand what is being written....you dont know me at all so i can forgive you for saying such nonesense with regard to my personality. my posts today were simply poking fun at things that arent that important that have been turned into a big deal ie. whoever wrote that article mentioning anathema for near enough no reason..
and to me you arent a bunch of text on a message board, you're a person who has thoughts and feelings ect and i would much rather you argue with me (in a constructive manner obv) about issues rather than just ignore it....
nothing like a good argument about art, :hotjump: bloody love it - reason i study it!!!
once again sorry if i pissed you off, you shouldnt take it so seriously

blackeyed said:
sorry if i offend, that was certianly not my intention! and i agree that i dont have the last say on what art is but, i do have a say regardless. theres an art thread of every forum at some stage and its always filled with 'awww thats nice' pictures of animals or landscapes, and i just find that kind of art bland. although i deffinately appreciate what you mentioned about the simplicity of just using one medium, i have to say those two images are lacking thats all. dont you think so much more could have been done, there doesnt seem to be much depth in them, and theres a distinct lack of feeling. when i look at them i dont see any trace of the artist, they seem to have been drawn simply for people to 'aww' at - and personally that is an aspect of art i truely despise.
as for my 'simple' language, i use it for a reason. its not that i cant comment in an educated manner on art- i can, i study it ffs, its just that simple language is all that was needed - 1) reflects the crude simplicity of teh drawings 2) sparked a bit of controversy to get this thread going a little ;)
and i found the bit about deserving only the blackness in my head quite hurtful actually, you should never judge a person in this way...and the lacking in ability to understand what is being written....you dont know me at all so i can forgive you for saying such nonesense with regard to my personality. my posts today were simply poking fun at things that arent that important that have been turned into a big deal ie. whoever wrote that article mentioning anathema for near enough no reason..
and to me you arent a bunch of text on a message board, you're a person who has thoughts and feelings ect and i would much rather you argue with me (in a constructive manner obv) about issues rather than just ignore it....
nothing like a good argument about art, :hotjump: bloody love it - reason i study it!!!
once again sorry if i pissed you off, you shouldnt take it so seriously
oh come on the second picture is totally different from the first one. Art has to be reflected in the brain/feelings/personality of a person. If you can´t get the emotion of a picture it doesn´t mean that there is no emotion in it...

Hmmm... it is all about taste and what is left of it...:lol: