Recent films

Thortyir said:
Nope... :( I thought about digging the internet to find it... But I must know the name of the orginal compositor... :(

"Et toi gamin, fils de Lucien..." :lol:
et toi gamin, fils de Lucien, le cinéma a fait de toi un bon gamin, allez tous avec moi : cinémaaaaaaaaaaaa, cinémaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Crack Hitler said:
Ummm.. how that pirate thingie had unexpected storyline I wonder? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it moderately but didn't go 'whoo-hoo holy shite!' in any part :err: :D

I'll probly go see Dogville or City of God or both later this week. I've high hopes for both of them.

i said as a disney movie. ok it was like: 2 people, then the girl get kidnapped and then the other one is playing jimmy savour and then everyone is happy.
but i meant the pirate who's johnny depp, he had a rather unusual role in the movie. normally disney movies are totally blunt, but not this one. not?

Lenore said:
there is actually just one bit taken off the Amelie soundtrack. The rest is new sounds, done for the movie. But its yann tiersen for the both, so its not amazing if there's some similarities :)
yes, i meant that bit. and i didn't know the soundtrack was written by the same, so excuse my ignorance. ;)

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
i thought the first one was shite too. well, maybe not shite but not that ground breaking like. but its produced by jews,inc. so yeah, no surprise its become a CLASSIC.

I tell you what is good though, 'Dark City'.. Matrix is a combination of Dark City and Grant Morrison's Invisables series so my words compliment yours...for a change :)

Su Jacko said:
I tell you what is good though, 'Dark City'.. Matrix is a combination of Dark City and Grant Morrison's Invisables series so my words compliment yours...for a change :)

...goddess. mind you i havent seen any of these movies you mention. but matrix is a well inspired from japanese cartoons, all the action scenes, the fights, the plot. the baddies are the same as in that japanese series called 'X'.

yeah, and dark city had a decent - dark - soundtrack with that chick, whats her name.. err.. Anita Kelsey.

toolsofthetrade said:
i long to see Dogville

so i did. fucking brilliant. wouldnt go as far as saying it's nu cinema but, damn, this is really something else...

*impressed*inspired*depressed*

something like youve been plaing guitar for a cpl of years and think yer capable of something - then you hear like Devin Townsend for instance, and you just wanna smash that perfect guitar or burn or whatever - bastard Von Trier

as i said in the other thread, Dogville is good, different but good.

Spun- really good

Intolerable Cruelty- good like

Anytime in Mexico- bad follow- up of Desperado

Finding Nemo- One of the few Walt Disney Movies i like, funny one

The Miracle of Bern (dunno if it's the english name for it)- quite good for a german movie