Recent films

i saw school of rock in the airplane when i was coming back. jack black is indeed one funny guy. i liked him even more when he mentioned sabbath, ac/dc and motorhead :D , he sure knows his stuff.

my condolensces for the dubbing. i dont understand how you people tolerate that. its just amazing. :mad:

i saw big fish tonight, quite a big fuss made about it in the press, i expected it a bit better, but it was ok. tomorrow it'll by mystic river. its gonna be good i think.

lost in translation was very good indeed. still, the virgin suicides was better i think, amazing atmosphere in that film, all of you must check that out.

end.

well, what can we do about it? ;) The dubbing that is, i guess less people (especially older ones) would go to the cinema then! Cause i can imagine it's a bit exhausting to read subtitles for some 2 hours, that would be the case for those who can't understand english that well. Anyway, i try to watch the most movies in english, way more authentic imo.

Morpheus said:
... it's a bit exhausting to read subtitles for some 2 hours...
you germans are very funny sometimes :) interesting theory though:ill:

hehe, well, i said "i can imagine", cause i never saw a whole movie with subtitles, so nothing i can be sure about. All i know is that i'm lazy in terms of reading and that i don't want to only concentrate on getting every line of the subtitle but actually seeing the film like. One might get used to it, but i'm glad that i can fortunately understand a bit of the english language and do not need to read subtitles most of the times. Well, that's just me two cents.

i can't imagine how can some actor succesfully immitate the specific speech of Joe Pesci i.e., i remember seeing a dubbed movie on the national tv like that and it was disgusting, the movie wasn't the same at all...

sol83 said:
my condolensces for the dubbing. i dont understand how you people tolerate that. its just amazing. :mad:
another amen to that.

i saw big fish tonight, quite a big fuss made about it in the press, i expected it a bit better, but it was ok.
hmmm, thought Burton was on a different path this time, displaying his quality once again, up for seeing it tho :dopey:

lost in translation was very good indeed. still, the virgin suicides was better i think, amazing atmosphere in that film, all of you must check that out.
fuck man, are you sponsored or what :Smug:
i need some proper cash. did a live vid 2nite tho, should do the trick for a while i reckon :D

i saw mystic river tonight. i expected it a little better once again, good acting but it needed some more innovative direction, the camera work was kinda boring like....

sol83 said:
Actually this Lost in Translation struck me deeper than Virgin Suicides. I haven't felt like seeing the movie asap again in a long time. Both leads were excellent.

ah, but there's always some peeps with a crowbar deep in their anuses, who really don't agree with me:

http://www.lost-in-racism.org/