Art Thread

Not sure yet...I was going to leave the focus to the face/flute mostly. I tried messing around with some of my sharpening/vignette filters, and they threw a ton of lines in the picture...I have no idea why. :cry:

I'm going to take a break from it and work on it more lata

Ooo, I like your work with markers, Emily! Venom looks pretty damn snazzy!

Stormy, I'm pretty amazed at how saturated the colors get with those pencils! The perspective is awesome for having no reference!!

The longest I've ever sat at a computer using a Wacom tablet (8 hours)
lyr_by_mothwomang-d32jyfs.jpg

Lyr.
I want frosty mornings NOW.
And a warm puppy.
:bah:
mandrew?

Damn good art guys! Here is something I've been working on for a couple weeks on and off... I drew it for my friend who wanted me to draw her a "merman with pretty purple eyes" for her b-day :lol:
(used my Bamboo tablet and photoshop)
So, this is titled, "Merman with pretty purple eyes" :D
merman_flatSM1024.jpg

Here is a close-up of his face because I drew him really large... :tickled:
merman_flatSM1024CU2.jpg

I envy all your artistic abilities. All of you!
Don't envy, create stuff yourself!

Damn good art guys! Here is something I've been working on for a couple weeks on and off... I drew it for my friend who wanted me to draw her a "merman with pretty purple eyes" for her b-day :lol:
(used my Bamboo tablet and photoshop)
So, this is titled, "Merman with pretty purple eyes" :D
merman_flatSM1024.jpg

Here is a close-up of his face because I drew him really large... :tickled:
merman_flatSM1024CU2.jpg
The pose and anatomy look good (if a bit blocky), but something about the face bothers me. It's like a female face (eyes especially!) with a beard. And that kinda puts your merman right in the Uncanny Valley for me...

Thanks! I was however drawing him with "pretty purple eyes" in mind as my friend requested. I just sent it to her, but hopefully they are "pretty" enough, haha. You think the face it s little feminine... it was starting to look a little too feminine so I added the beard. BUT, I haven't really drawin men that much, I've always drawn woman's faces, so I can totally see what you are saying now. Thanks:D

The face is effeminate, but nearly all of mine are. I like that you used a tan color for the background instead of white. It reminds me of drawing/painting on nice cardboard, which is fun! :)

ERBULHESSENCE.jpg

My buddies from the 80's hairmetal band Erbalhessence...
http://www.myspace.com/erbalhessence
note the coke and pussy :p

Thanks! I was however drawing him with "pretty purple eyes" in mind as my friend requested. I just sent it to her, but hopefully they are "pretty" enough, haha. You think the face it s little feminine... it was starting to look a little too feminine so I added the beard. BUT, I haven't really drawin men that much, I've always drawn woman's faces, so I can totally see what you are saying now. Thanks:D
I think the main issue are the eyes, and more specifically, the eyelashes. There is no way you can draw a face with such female-looking eyes and still keep it masculine. The other features are also a bit too small and feminine. Men have more pronounced facial features - bigger nose, less delicate lips, more powerful jawline etc.

But yeah, I see what you mean. I tend to draw a lot of female faces too, and it's always difficult to draw a male face every once in a while.

Thanks, I think I'll try the eyes again minus the big eyelashes haha.
@Bacchante: Thanks, I first drew it on white but tried tan because I was going to try and make it look like it was on a treasure map with the trail leading down his treasure trail ;) hehe
AND, wow your newest addition is cool! I saw the cat and was like... okay, a cute kitten for no reason...:lol: very nice!

I don't know how you managed to make Humble and Epic work at the same time, but it's both awesome and surreal. Stormo, thank you for sharing your mastery with us once again.

That's incredible, Stormy!!! I love the intense color saturation..it sort of caught me off guard! Did you draw this all from your head????

Thank you! Coming from someone with your skill, it's an even more wonderful compliment! And yep, it was all done from the head, that is to say, the character isn't mine, but I only used a reference to remind myself what she wears. The pose, perspective, everything are pure imagination :)

Mind, even though I'm quite pleased with it, Mokou's awesomeness deserves a far better artist ^_^

Shhh you! :) I think you captured her beautifully. She looks intimidating as hell!!! Man, I love the reflective light from the fire on her clothes! I'm still figuring out how to do that myself