Artwork

Conspicuously Absent

Linguistically Confused
Mar 27, 2005
Berlin
I know we had a thread on this a while ago, but no search feature = no go to find it. So i'm gonna make a new one.

Post some of your favourite album/band/insert artwork here. I'll join in when I get home.

I have noticed that black metal bands tend to have the best stuff, at least to me.

B0002VER1A.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i really dig pearl jam's art because they use creative packaging, like with no code all the songs had a mock polaroid picture to accompany it.

negura bunget also has really neat stuff, 'n crugu bradului is worth owning just for the fancy package alone.

tool has great shit, a bit interactive on a few albums.

future sound of london takes a whole lot of time on their shit, one version of dead cities i have has a 106-page booklet, high gloss, very nice, etc.

Some of my favorite booklets would have to be Terria and Tonight's Decision...Travis' style has been overused but his best work remains stunning. Of course, I could probably re-overload the server if I posted some of my favorite prog vinyl. Constellation's releases always have some creative artwork. As for unique packaging, it's hard to top the leaf...

Ok, i know i'm forgetting some so I'll post em as I remember the rest.

This is the ones to start (not gonna double post any that have been posted, such as Nightside Eclipse, Dark Medieval Times, and Versus the World)..

katatonia_brave_murder_day_front.jpg

Dimmu_Borgir_-_Stormblast.jpg

Emperor_-_anthems_to_the_welkin_at_dusk.jpg

boltthrower_honourvalour3x3.jpg

Artwork really does add a lot to an album. Whether by setting the mood, or providing countless hours of entertainment to look at. Some of my albums double as artwork for my walls (cause I'm too cheap to buy posters).

Burzum_-_det_som_engang_var.jpg

Bathory_-_blood_fire_death.jpg

i like how i'm always asking people to answer in album picture format, yet for the one thread that specifically requires it, i answer only in words. :loco:

anyhow:

B000002LRX.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00000099Y.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000000993.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000003TAB.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000003RYA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00005Q62R.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000002HJA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

the-spectral-sorrows.jpg

crimson.jpg

308811.jpg

B000000H3Z.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000000H3W.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

quite possibly my all time favorite:
B000000H4V.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i've always wanted like a 6 foot by 6 foot poster of chaos a.d. just so i could pick out all the stuff that i've missed along the years.