Artwork

B00005Q62R.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This cover intrigues me. What is it from? I know I've seen it before somewhere...

the silver mt. zion memorial orchestra and tra-la-la band - born into trouble as the sparks fly upward

i love using the full title for that one. :)

look for yousendit very soon like.

The NOFX, Terrorgruppe and Die Toten Hosen covers are pure cheese and humour, and I don't think of those covers as class art, but merely fun covers that suit the music (fönpönk :p )

lizard said:
some of this shit is absolutely just plain B A D. I didn't know they stacked shit this high. Max's art is high concept compared to these towering turds of fecal matter.
Agreed. Why do I get this feeling that whenever somebody asks to post favourite cover art, people just post the artwork of their favourite albums - regardless of how crappy it is?! :err: 90% of the cover artwork posted so far is downright ugly and clichéd.

if art is something that any sixth grader can do, then is it really art? I mean, good god, some of this crap makes my photoshops look like Da Vinci.:lol:

and that Thor's Hammer stuff plays up to the micro-penised mentality of white people who feel inferior sexually. A white person with any pride doesn't have to live in fear of black genitalia.

snow2fall said:
Agreed. Why do I get this feeling that whenever somebody asks to post favourite cover art, people just post the artwork of their favourite albums - regardless of how crappy it is?! :err: 90% of the cover artwork posted so far is downright ugly and clichéd.

Call me crazy, but it might have something to do with the fact that I seldom check out and/or waste time on albums I don't like? I always try before I buy, as in I always download the album before I actually buy it. I then buy the albums that I find good, and when I receive the albums in the mail, I check out the cover art. Some of my favourite albums have got boring artwork, but others have artwork that appeals to me. The reason I don't post Mars Volta and Stevie Wonder artwork in this thread is because I don't like the actual music, and I don't surf the internet for coverart featured on albums made by bands/artists I don't like.

I think most of NAD's choices are absolutely horrific, but it's his opinion, and he's entitled to have one. A keyword here is subjectivity.

lizard, that THin Lizzy cover is crap. sorry. maybe if the entire cover was that wolf and moon pcture, but all that gold shit around it is turdness

there's probably no coincidence that many of those i posted are some of my favorite albums evAr, but that's not the main reason i chose them.

black metal albums, for the most part, are ridiculously bad. oh look, ANOTHER dark forest! how original.

god damn nad said:
there's probably no coincidence that many of those i posted are some of my favorite albums evAr, but that's not the main reason i chose them.

black metal albums, for the most part, are ridiculously bad. oh look, ANOTHER dark forest! how original.

Chocolate isn't really original on further tasting, but that does not mean it's bad.