As Anyone Here Heard This Song?

Heavy D

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2002
Visit site
I know everyone here hates Slipknot. I always thought they were gay too! But about 2 months ago, a buddy let me borrow their self-titled CD and the new one, "Iowa". The old one sucks but ........I'm sorry, there are a couple good tunes on the new one! "The Heretic Anthum" is undenyably Heavy! It is probably one of my favorite songs now. You guys should hear my "favs tape" that I listen to in the car on my way to work. You would be pissed! Tunes from "The Gathering", "Demonic", "Low", "Beneath the Remains", "Arise", and Slipknot's "Iowa". "What the hell is that Slipshit doing on there contaminating the rest of the tape!".....Sorry, I think it's pretty damn good! If you haven't heard "The Heretic Anthum". Download it and listen to it. If you don't like it, I would be very surprised! I want to hear someone else's opinion on this song! I want to hear someone say they heard it and it sucks! It won't happen.

I did not know that. Who better to be your biggest influence than TESTAMENT!? I would definately call them my all time fav band because they have an original sound, their music is extremely technical and tight, and their songs have balls! I love meen songs!

well need solos!!!!!!1, only riffs what a boring shit!!!!, no gay melodic rap vocals!!!!!! no masks, no industrial techno sounds or samplers!!!!!!and also a new record company may be nulcera blast lololol these things may be will make a better band!!!!!
life is hard but testament is harder!!!!!:D :D :D

I don't care for solos anymore. If you've heard about 5 good ones, you've heard 'em all. I'd much rather hear a well-rounded, good riffed song than "ape shit" "3 minute" solos. The only solos that I like to hear are one's that are to the point. Short and sweet. What's wrong with "DNR" and other tunes off of "The Gathering" and "Demonic"? Not a damn thing! They're my favorites! I'm just sick of solos! Just my opinion though.

well, i've heard all the sli[knot stuff multiple times, and yes its heavy, yes its metal, yes there are quite obvious death metal influences. but they just can't pull if off well. i personally don't like them. they're too hardcore, thats what i don't like. they're trying too hard too hard to have this whole "fuck the world, fuck everything" image. it's getting old, just like marilyn manson and ozzy. now these three artists i've mentioned, their images are getting old, not their music. ozzy kicks ass, the new ones not so great however. and the other too i just happen to not like their music. and one who says that i may try to not anything mainstream, thats wrong because i like some and i'm not hiding it so i'm not afraid of admitting it, it just happens to all pretty much rot. what else is their to say?

in my opinion, a metal band must have solos and heavy soul
slipknot is not metal
only distortion.. it doesn't make a band heavy or hard or metal
I hate all the fuckin nu-metal bands
even judas priest's "before the down" is more metal than them all
I love thrash, death and heavy..
slipknot??
I choose jethro tull