Slipknot - IOWA

It's all subjective I reckon.

Nothing is definitive.

Although, heavily reverbed guitars and strong drum beats are probably what sets it appart from other styles.

As for Slipknot... again, I say I hate them, but they are metal. Numetal. Popmetal. Still it is Metal.

Metal is:
- strong guitar riffs
- fast, non stop bass guitar
- solo guitars
- complicated drums playing prefered a fast double bass
- textured vox varried from very high to very low tones out of
pop, rap, alternative, grunge sense
- no electronic machines or effects like dj or similar rap or disco
things
- meaningful lyrics (no love lyrics)

Metal is described as ideological music or the music of dissatifaction

do you still consider slipknot as metal?
i don't

i feel like i want to dance with slipknot music!!
but can you feel that with Slayer or Dimmu Borgir?

dancing to slipknot?
i dont know about that
as for Slayer and Dimmu Borgir,
i guess my response would be its different metal
as for your definition of metal,
i think lyrics have nothing to do with the type of music it is,
how about instrumentals?
liquid tension and some metallica songs come to my mind
and i think those are metal, but they dont have meaningfull lyrics
i think you can sing/scream about anything you want, or chose not to say anything and still be considered metal if the other pieces fall into place

slipknot is the worst band running. The vocalist himself even admits they have rappish vocals. he said in a magazine that before he came along they were just death metal, he added the rap influences that made them what they are. i don't know how you people can like a band that is so shitty. it's terrible. all nu metal is terrible. wake up and look at what music really is.

"Metal is:
- strong guitar riffs
- fast, non stop bass guitar
- solo guitars
- complicated drums playing prefered a fast double bass
- textured vox varried from very high to very low tones out of
pop, rap, alternative, grunge sense
- no electronic machines or effects like dj or similar rap or disco
things
- meaningful lyrics (no love lyrics)"

Dude, you are kidding right? I can name many bands that people on this board consider "metal" yet don't fall into some of these catergories.

lol, slipknot...jesus i cant belive this guy has come on here and told us its 'heavy'......fuck no way its pussy stuff...and people say joey is an amazing drummer?!?! what the fuck?, compare him to somebody like flo mournier and hes a piece of shit compared, corey taylors vocals arnt heavy, he screams like a fucking girl ;o).......i wasted £25 on both those fucking albums......£25!!! which could have been spent on some old thrash or some heavy as fuck death.....seriously old slipknot used to get me off but now it does nothing to me......man i gave my slipknot albums to my brother!!!!!

oh yeah and i want to add some stuff to that....there are 2 things that give metal a good fucking....

no.1 roadrunner records
no.2 ross robinson

look at what hes done to bands...he needs to be fucking shot!

I kind of like some SOAD, Linkin Park and Papa Roach...(shoot me if you want), and I liked Slipknot, like when I was 15 or so. Then I got older and got into Opeth, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Dan Swano, Pan-Thy-Monium, Death etc.. etc..

So frankly, what the hells the point in liking Slipknot when there are so many better bands out there? Hell...I even like Linkin Park better, at least the main guy can sing pretty well! I;m sure many people here hate them for being 'trendy' but they're a lot better than Slipknot!

Can I ask why so many Gods of the metal scene enjoy slipknot, lets see here: Jesper Strombland likes Slipknot, Peter Tagrten likes Slipknot, Emperor's drummerBard Faust likes Slipknot, what the hell does that tell you guys??