Slipknot - IOWA

Shitknot are nothing but fucking posers. I own IOWA and at first I sorta liked it but I also had bought Slayer's latest album (at the time I couldn't tell Nu-metal from pure metal even though Kerry King and gang are sorta losing their touch *in a whisper* i heard there earlier albums and they were much better than their latest outing.) and I was a whole lot better (IMHO it fucking ruled!! :headbang: ) than Shitknot.

*UPDATE*

I took a second listen at this album, and it is not half bad, it could be better, though. After thoroughly listening to Iowa , SlipKnot (see I did not say Shitknot) posess alot of talent, but it is only evident in a few of their songs. As my lasting opinion, this is a pretty good cd to listen to if you are in the mood or are really pissed off for no apparent reason!! :D :D

P.S. I still listen to pure heavy metal though!!:headbang: :D :D

HOW DARE you call slipknot death metal, or even metal. it is pop rock. it isnt heavy, it isnt smart, its rap baised beats with rapping and 2 drummers who need eachother just to play as fast as Lars the worst drummer of metal.

to sum up slipknot, they give shit a bad name
slipknot doesnt equil shit...

shit can be sold as fertalizer....
slipknot cannot.
slipknot<shit.

-(Do the math) Necro-

slipknot is alright... I have IOWA, and it is not a bad disc at all. This is the closest thing the mainstream has to metal, and I would much rather see a band like this become successful than shit like Nickelback, Puddle of Mud, etc. Lot of Slipknot fans are real young too, and those kids are going to want something heavier at some point... Where else is there to go? Underground shit... be it hardcore, death metal black metal, whatever... My point is... This is the type of band that can open doors for the underground... Look at In Flames! Getting great exposure touring with them. I know a lot of you might not think that is a good thing...but every band wants success. Every band wants lots of fans. My point is... Fuck it who cares anyways... DICORIA666 - I know for a fact that Decapitated are big Slipknot fans!

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
...and you will never learn english.

-(Edj0cated)Necromancer-
[suttle mockery] ;)

And I cannot believe you thought I was serious:lol:

I "fucking" hate Slipknot blah blah... fucking Nu Metal blah blah... trendy posers blah blah... :puke:

Fuck those morons always whining about how much they "fucking hate" Nu Metal crap blah blah... you're so predictable...

Of course everybody's entitled to an opinion about a band's music etc. but why always bitch about how trendy they are, fucking nu metal... etc.

I mean, you can find Slipknot's music as boring as you want, but you just can't deny the energy and aggressive impact of their music. Just listen to "People = shit" it crushes you like an elephant stepping on a maggot. It is VERY aggressive and intense.

I'm not trying to defend the band here or something and it's not that I care so much about them, but it's just that I can't stand all those people who say "I fucking hate Slipknot" just because they're afraid to be called a "trendy". I'm not pointing fingers to any people here, but I just know that at least 80% of the people who "fucking hate" Slipknot are like that.

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
HOW DARE you call slipknot death metal, or even metal. it is pop rock. it isnt heavy, it isnt smart, its rap baised beats with rapping and 2 drummers who need eachother just to play as fast as Lars the worst drummer of metal.

to sum up slipknot, they give shit a bad name
slipknot doesnt equil shit...

shit can be sold as fertalizer....
slipknot cannot.
slipknot<shit.

-(Do the math) Necro-
There's an example...

Ugh. Okay. Want some reasons why people don't like Slipknot?

1. Gay start stop riffs composed of 2 powerchords.
2. Rap style vocal patterns.
3. Horrible lyrics people are embarrased to think about.
4. 9 people in a band making music that 4 musicians could easily recreate.
5. Gimmicky masks and costumes.

Feel free to add your own, too. Just because MTV and radio force a band down our throats doesn't mean we have to like them. Fuck off.

I just think their music is silly, that is all.

Although, it does make me wonder why I like goredeath metal bands with equally stupid lyrics.

And how I like simple grindcore with simple riffs but hate Slipknot for having simple riffs...

All I can say is, I am a dickhead, and nothing will make me like Slipknot.

And all of you people are the same...

No brains hatred...

Maybe if Slipknot killed my cat or somethign I would have a legitimate reason, but they didn't...

Actually, my friends favorite band is Slipknot, and me getting pleasure from giving him shit about that is probably why I hate Slipknot...

Ah well, I just don't enjoy the music that's all... heh...

Oh my god dude, are you fucking retarded? Just because someone downtunes their guitars and theres some double bass here and there doesn't mean METAL. Having elements of metal doesn't mean you're METAL. The shitty rap vocals REALLY turn me off the band, I gave them a chance.

And are you an idiot? Grindcore is blast beats with punk guitar riffs. Of course its gonna be simple. Death metal ISNT supposed to have simple riffs. Slipknot has riffs that are extremely comparable to mallrock bands like Sevendust (who pull it off much better, BTW), Soulfly, POD (just sped up), etc.

Just because you like a shitty band and you aren't much of a metalhead doesnt mean people who DON'T like a shitty band are closeminded. Go fuck yourself, you fucking retard. You're not changing anyone's opinion on the matter anyways and you totally ignore previously made (and TOTALLY VADLID) points. Why don't you go troll over at the www.roadrunnerrecords.com website? Im sure you'll have much more common musical interest with the kids over there. You can go tell them we (unfairly?) don't appreciate one of your favorite bands because of 'stupid reasons' like rappy vocals and mallcore guitar riffs.

This is a METAL board, you can't expect ANYONE here to enjoy that kind of music.

I take it capeda is directing that post at me. If he isn't, sorry. :D

Originally posted by capeda
Oh my god dude, are you fucking retarded?

Yes. Damn you found me out. I am a retarded internet user who can manage to use a computer and type seemingly perfect with great speed and with hardly any error. In other words, "great insult"... :p

Having elements of metal doesn't mean you're METAL.

That's actually quite a stupid post. And an opinion. So I guess I wont judge it.

And are you an idiot?

Ooooooooh... are YOU and idiot!?[/tough 1337ness]

Grindcore is blast beats with punk guitar riffs.

Opinion. But yes, it is simple. That is why I put simple before it. I am saying I hate Slipknot for the simple riffs, yet I like Grindcores simple riffs. And I wonder why. Never did I say they were similar, other than the simplicity of each. You just seem to not be understanding what I am saying.

Just because... mallcore guitar riffs.

Wow. What an insult. I don't like Slipknot, I said that a few times. I like the occasional numetal. I am more into all of the other forms of metal, power, death, black, grind, prog, NWOBHM, classic, industrial, goth, metalcore, thrash, doom, grunge (yes, it was metal...), hair, and whatever else there is. So stop insulting me before I kill myself!!! :cry: :rolleyes:

I still hate Slipknot though, and I don't think that they play talented music. All I am saying is it is a stupid debate. I agree with MadTinus, but I don't like the music.

Also, opinions are valid points, but only to their creators. It will mean fuck all to another person. That is why this debate will never be solved, because everyone has a different opinion. BUT, I will say, reading all of this shit is FUCKING FUNNY.

Slipknot is NOT METAL, nither distortion guitars nor growls mean metal.
non of the nu metal bads are metal, it's a joke when you classify any of them as metal, also grunge is not metal any way
metal is more deeper than this garbage they call it nu(ts) metal

could you compare slipknot or system of a down with emperor, soilwork, slayer or iron maiden, .. or any metal band young or old?