As much as I love Nevermore. . . .

Sven Pakkanen

Ein Windir
Before I get bitched at, let me say Nevermore is and has been my favorite band and greatest influence on my music for years now. I will probably never find a band that satisfies my musical needs like these guys, but the facts are a single band's discography can start to wear out when it is played too much. I'm getting to that point. I listen to a lot of music, but I play Dreaming Neon Black and This Godless Endeavor at least twice each, every day. I need new music.

Can anyone give me a band (or short list of bands) EXTREMELY similar to Nevermore? And no, don't give me a list of Progressive Metal bands, I don't want it, I want similar to Nevermore's progressive sound, which unfortunately seems completely unique. Anyways, this post is too long already just give me something new please.

Don't worry...talking down to Nevermore is a favorite pastime here.

I recommend:

The only thing I can think of similar to Nevermore would be Biomechanical or Communic.

You might wanna try Circus Maximus, although that's a bit more prog than you'd like.

Simplistic music like Nevermore doesn't have good replay value.

My favorite band went from Nevermore to Borknagar for what it's worth. They don't sound alike but the latter at it's best is a hell of a lot better.

for the people that speak dutch: i had "Boerenkool met speklappe" this evening but i dont know how its called in english

boerenkool.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a freschetta oven pizza for lunch... it was a mushroom spinach pizza and it wasn't very good. freschetta's normally a safe buy though.

oh and on topic. try outworld. they aren't as good but as far as guitar work goes, they have a similar crunch. i seem to listen to them when i'm in a nevermore mood. and maybe even Beyond Twilight (probably too proggy for you)