~Asgeir~

Dec 5, 2002
Dallas
I heard from a reliable source that your place in Borknagar is in question somewhat, and that you will be touring as a live musician with a band soon. (I'm not sure the name of the band). Is this true?

First of all: Asgeir is one of the best drummers ever. Why would Borknagar want to sack him?

And then: If Asgeir knew that he might get sacked, do you think he would've admitted that on this forum??

Well, a highly respected band asked me to play drums for them on a couple of gigs in March and a tour in April. The band will announce my participation soon. I will record the drums for the next Borknagar album as soon as I'm back in Norway. Looks like I'll do the drums for a Norwegian prog rock band as well.

- Asgeir

Reactions: Erik Tiwaz
Originally posted by henrikmain
First of all: Asgeir is one of the best drummers ever. Why would Borknagar want to sack him?

And then: If Asgeir knew that he might get sacked, do you think he would've admitted that on this forum??

All i said was that I heard his place in the band was in question. That could mean he himself was considering leaving. This is obviously not the case so i guess my source was wrong.

The drums on Empiricism are some of the best sounding drums I have heard on a metal record. The cymbal work is astonishing. The dynamics and rhythms are unbelievable and they fit the more progressive sounding music perfectly. I cannot wait to hear your work on the next album and on any other projects you have lined up.

Anyone at the Essen gig? \m/

NO MERCY FESTIVAL:
TESTAMENT headlining
with MARDUK; DEATH ANGEL
and Special Guests APRIL 2003
04/08 UK - LONDON / MEAN FIDDLER
04/09 FRA - PARIS / LA LOCOMOTIVE
04/10 GER - ESSEN / ZECHE CARL
04/11 GER - LEIPZIG / ENGELSDORF
04/12 AUT - VIENNA / ARENA
04/13 AUT - WELLS / SCHLACHTHOF
04/14 SWI - PRATTELN / Z7
04/15 ITY - MILANO / PALA AQUITICA
04/16 GER - MUNCHEN / BABYLON
04/17 GER - BERLIN / COLUMBIA HALLE
04/18 GER - LUDWIGSBURG / ROCKFABRIK
04/19 FRA - STRASBOURG / LA LAITERIE (T.B.C.)
04/20 BEL - ANTWERPEN / HOF TER LOO
04/21 NL - TILBURG / 013

Morgana said:
Anyone at the Essen gig? \m/

NO MERCY FESTIVAL:
TESTAMENT headlining
with MARDUK; DEATH ANGEL
and Special Guests APRIL 2003
04/08 UK - LONDON / MEAN FIDDLER
04/09 FRA - PARIS / LA LOCOMOTIVE
04/10 GER - ESSEN / ZECHE CARL
04/11 GER - LEIPZIG / ENGELSDORF
04/12 AUT - VIENNA / ARENA
04/13 AUT - WELLS / SCHLACHTHOF
04/14 SWI - PRATTELN / Z7
04/15 ITY - MILANO / PALA AQUITICA
04/16 GER - MUNCHEN / BABYLON
04/17 GER - BERLIN / COLUMBIA HALLE
04/18 GER - LUDWIGSBURG / ROCKFABRIK
04/19 FRA - STRASBOURG / LA LAITERIE (T.B.C.)
04/20 BEL - ANTWERPEN / HOF TER LOO
04/21 NL - TILBURG / 013

Yeah...I hope I can be @the gig in Essen too :)