Borknagar DVD: a myth?

theoden236

Soul Wandering
Jan 14, 2010
somwhere in the middle of nowhere
I know I'm kinda bringing back an old ghost, but I remember reading a while back that a Borknagar dvd was being worked on. But since Asgeir left the band (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was his project) I'm wondering what will become of the dvd?

Maybe when the sun implodes? (Get it? Haha :p.)

But seriously, I think it's quite difficult because the band doesn't really show much interest in releasing one. If they talk to Asgeir maybe something'd come up, but if he doesn't put his part it'll be very unlikely. I think Dave showed some interest, but I'm not sure.

I think this NEEDS to happen, if nothing else: Gather the stuff Asgeir already had, throw on some other goodies and package it as a limited fan collectable dvd.

I'd love a live album but to my knowledge no footage was gathered on any of the last shows, I could be wrong but there hasn't been any news. I SORT of remember someone from the band saying that once the new CD is out and the switch to the new label has been done that it might be something again to look into... well... here we are :D

I think this NEEDS to happen, if nothing else: Gather the stuff Asgeir already had, throw on some other goodies and package it as a limited fan collectable dvd.

I'd love a live album but to my knowledge no footage was gathered on any of the last shows, I could be wrong but there hasn't been any news. I SORT of remember someone from the band saying that once the new CD is out and the switch to the new label has been done that it might be something again to look into... well... here we are :D

Yes, it does need to happen!!! Perhaps Indie will show more interest in doing this.

I guess recording a concert (in Blu-ray/HD ;)) is pretty expensive, but I think that enough copies would be sold for the label to make profit; especially now that The End records is more involved.

Regarding the DVD-

Ive got a few ideas up my sleeve so don't worry. Ive spoken to the guys about a few different ideas....right now, we are just working on somethings in which I dont think Im quite at liberty to mention YET, but I assure you, its going to be cool. Asgier and I talk a lot so Im going to mention getting my hands on some of the stuff he had gathered. Ive also pondered what we can do in a few years for the Bork 20th birthday....for now, we have a few things to focus on before we can do a real DVD...so, soon, you guys will start to find out bits and pieces of what we are up to.....I just cant give away ANY of the plans for this year and next year yet.....other than the fact that it involves music haha

Regarding the DVD-

Ive got a few ideas up my sleeve so don't worry. Ive spoken to the guys about a few different ideas....right now, we are just working on somethings in which I dont think Im quite at liberty to mention YET, but I assure you, its going to be cool. Asgier and I talk a lot so Im going to mention getting my hands on some of the stuff he had gathered. Ive also pondered what we can do in a few years for the Bork 20th birthday....for now, we have a few things to focus on before we can do a real DVD...so, soon, you guys will start to find out bits and pieces of what we are up to.....I just cant give away ANY of the plans for this year and next year yet.....other than the fact that it involves music haha

Excellent, thanks a lot!!!! :headbang:

Regarding the DVD-

You sneaky guy, you. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

If I remember it correctly, Asgeir or Øystein once said on this forum that ALL shows in the past have been recorded (but that was way before last autumn's mini-tour). I hope the dvd will contain lots of old footage.

And you guys are already planning for Borknagar's 20th birthday? Isn't that in, like, 2015?
How about celebrating the 15th birthday with the dvd and another tour? :D

If I remember it correctly, Asgeir or Øystein once said on this forum that ALL shows in the past have been recorded (but that was way before last autumn's mini-tour). I hope the dvd will contain lots of old footage.:D

All shows? Wow, then if the stars are properly aligned and arranged, we could be seeing footage from as far back as the self-titled record, which would be pretty freakin' sweeeettttt!!

If I remember it correctly, Asgeir or Øystein once said on this forum that ALL shows in the past have been recorded (but that was way before last autumn's mini-tour). I hope the dvd will contain lots of old footage.

And you guys are already planning for Borknagar's 20th birthday? Isn't that in, like, 2015?
How about celebrating the 15th birthday with the dvd and another tour? :D

Haha he probably meant fifteen :p . If not, that's what I'd call 'planning ahead' :lol: .

:OMG::headbang: I wonder if Youtube has 'em?

96? I don't think so (w/cradle of filth). If I remember well, Isjungfrun uploaded some vids from Worcester (or it was Montreal?) 99, Simen on vocals and Nick Barker on drums.

There's an AWFUL video from Inferno 98, singing Universal. There is a couple of clips from Wacken 02 and 09 (sadly, no vids for Inferno 01 and Inferno 06). Elvina and Dave uploaded some vids from the last 'tour'.