Borknagar DVD: a myth?

There's a video bootleg from 96, it's not good. The USA/Canada gigs made on 99 were great.

96? I don't think so (w/cradle of filth). If I remember well, Isjungfrun uploaded some vids from Worcester (or it was Montreal?) 99, Simen on vocals and Nick Barker on drums.

There's an AWFUL video from Inferno 98, singing Universal. There is a couple of clips from Wacken 02 and 09 (sadly, no vids for Inferno 01 and Inferno 06). Elvina and Dave uploaded some vids from the last 'tour'.

Inferno 98? Inferno Festival has been around since 2001 as far as I know.

And I thought there was a video from 1996 too, but last year when Defiance did an interview with Øystein, I told him to ask him about that, and it turned out I was wrong:

D: A forum member (Azzor 1911) asks: “There were concerts of Borknagar back in 1996, rumour has it that Vortex did the vocals. I'd like some more information about Borknagar's live performances in the early days. Is it true that there were shows all the way back in 1996, maybe even a European tour? Because there's a video floating around of a gig in Amsterdam. And if there was, why didn't Garm handle the vocals?
Ø: Hmm.... as far as I remember we did a European tour with In Flames in 1997, a tour with Cradle of Filth in 1998 and then we did a tour with Emperor in the States back in 1999. I think the Amsterdam show you are referring to is from the tour with Cradle of Filth. Actually I think it was the very first show of that tour and it turned out terrible. Justin (that did the drums on that tour) played so many mistakes that we just had to leave the stage. We did not do any shows in 1996, as Garm refused to do anything live.

Inferno 98? Inferno Festival has been around since 2001 as far as I know.

And I thought there was a video from 1996 too, but last year when Defiance did an interview with Øystein, I told him to ask him about that, and it turned out I was wrong:

I meant wacken 98. I also thought that 96 could be a weird date (since Garm was with the band and he introduced Vortex to Borknagar when he left), I'm talking about the show did on 98'.

@Undefined: I really was disappointed with Shipwrecked, since Simen did an excellent job live with Borknagar and Dimmu for years. Their gig at Lyon, france was so much better (there's a bootleg around), simen sang really good there, even their show at Inferno 2005 was better IMO.

About the last Borknagar shows, they played Dauden, right? Dave said that he has the videos for all songs excepting this one, someone knows if there is a footage for it? someone who was there actually remembers how that song was performed?

A bit OT: I wonder if there's some footage from the last Lamented Souls gig...

Yep, they played Dauden in Leeuwarden alright. It was one of the last songs of the show, and I remember everyone went crazy when we realized which song it was. From where I was standing near the stage, I could see a printed version of the setlist and therefore already knew what they were gonna play. Also curious if someone recorded it.

And I also really hoped someone recorded The Dawn of the End, that was absolutely fantastic. Mr. V jumped in the audience during that beautiful acoustic part near the end, and when he clapped me on my shoulder I almost started crying out of joy.

Can't wait to see them again :cry:

I found 2 LS videos, decent sound quality, of Sprukken Maske and Suffer Salvation. And they had a live audio recording of Var and a new song on the Myspace for a while.

I have a VERY OLD question about Borknagar bootlegs: it's true what Asgeir said once about a live show where Vintersorg and Vortex were on the same stage singing Colossus? I ask this once more cause I remember Asgeir said that he had it on video. It's probably the most obscure Borknagar urban legend ever.

I have a VERY OLD question about Borknagar bootlegs: it's true what Asgeir said once about a live show where Vintersorg and Vortex were on the same stage singing Colossus? I ask this once more cause I remember Asgeir said that he had it on video. It's probably the most obscure Borknagar urban legend ever.

I think I saw that on YouTube some time ago, bad quality but still magnificent :headbang: .