Why Borknagar?

I'm probably the only one that heard gods of my world on american radio at 1am in the morning driving back from a party. Must have been some sort of glitch in the system, or fluke. Ever since, i've been hooked on bork like flies on shit.

Nice thread! I discovered Borknagar when a friend of mine gave me a mixed tape with bands like Pantera, Sepultura, Alice in Chains and stuff like that, and there was Colossus on it too. At that time I mostly listened to Pantera and Cannibal Corpse etc.,kinda agressive music and Colossus was a change, I liked it more so I bought the album and it was love at first (sight) listening :) And than bought the others and felt that it fits my personality more than those I listened to before (I still like them and listen to them a lot, especially Pantera, damn good band and Dime is unsurpassable and will be forever)

I'm probably the only one that heard gods of my world on american radio at 1am in the morning driving back from a party. Must have been some sort of glitch in the system, or fluke. Ever since, i've been hooked on bork like flies on shit.

That is awesome. No one around here does that...

Oh damn. Was it a college radio station?

I only post this information here.

The name first attracted me to this world. The word "Borknagar"... I was amazed by this mysterious word. I found the Olden domain and journeyed into the world of Borknagar. The different riffs and vocal lines, and black metal aspect was of my interest. I think they are a creative band that is better than your average black metal band, because they are not limited and they grow instead of stay in one position. They always utilized some of the best people in the scene, and provided us with many good releases. I feel this band has the potential to become as big as Dimmu Borgir or bigger. They just need to tour alittle more to promote this beast, and to spread the word about musicians from the frozen land.

Heard the band name thrown around a few times on a forum, decided to check them out since I was big into black metal at the time. Had the good fortune of hearing Colossus first. Found out the singer was the same guy from Demon Painter and I was sold ever since.

I feel this band has the potential to become as big as Dimmu Borgir or bigger.

I agree, they do have the potential.
However, do they want to be as big as Dimmu? Or, maybe most important, do WE want them to be as big as Dimmu?
Well, I don't. Greatness does some nasty things to the human mind. I think maybe one of the reasons why the music is special is because they are not big.

I agree, they do have the potential.
However, do they want to be as big as Dimmu? Or, maybe most important, do WE want them to be as big as Dimmu?
Well, I don't. Greatness does some nasty things to the human mind. I think maybe one of the reasons why the music is special is because they are not big.

totally agree! that's definitely what makes them special to me. It sometimes seems unbelievable that people that make music so great are not even professional musicians (like, they don't earn their living solely with their music) I even suspect this is the main reason the music is so great: every time when your hobby becomes your full time job, it loses the edge, it becomes the necessity, it's not so enjoyable to create and comes not so spontaneous anymore... i guess you can hear the difference somehow.

they don't need to be a touring stampede, a couple of cosy atmospheric shows every year here and there would be enough! Of course every country wants a piece of them, but it would be very wrong if it had to become a necessity for them, because right now they seem to enjoy it very much.

the only reason for i would love they become so famous it's that they will tour more often and more widely.
but really the only one....

I heard Borknagar for the first time visiting a girl who became my girlfriend for a while. Beyond the good memories, it was unlike anything I'd heard at the time.

It remains so!

I started listening to Borknagar when they got "The Olden Domain" out.

Because i saw the cd in the record store, and it had an sticker on it that said "From the Blackest Might, feat. members of Immortal, Gorgoroth, Ulver, Arcturus, Enslaved"

I´ve always been a big fan of all those bands, specially at the time i really liked Ulver and Enslaved. Bought the cd, and while i was reading the booklet saw the band member pics, and saw Garm (and i said, shit! this is great!) then i saw Ivar and Grim, and Øystein from the mighty Molested and i almost shit my pants.

After 1 listen, got immediately hooked. Having the previous experience with Ulver, man i´ve never stopped listening to these guys!

First got into Vintersorg and then started exploring his various other projects and bands, found Borknagar among them and while I was never a huge fan (still own all but one of their albums), I enjoy most of their music. But I have to be in the right mood to want to listen to it.=D

lol @ Borknagar having potential to become half as big as Dimmu. Borknagar doesn't even have the potential to become as big as Enslaved much less that, sorry guys.

lol @ Borknagar having potential to become half as big as Dimmu. Borknagar doesn't even have the potential to become as big as Enslaved much less that, sorry guys.

Uh, new label and cd, plus the delay of the album for more distributors, you never know... Borknagar is much better band than those two mentioned, I don't see them touching Dimmu's popularity but I do see them making money, only unfortunate thing is that live gigs are good for word of mouth and on that principal alone it's hard to get the band as known.

I used to work in a guitar shop and my friend/boss played me Future Reminiscence and i thought it was one of the most epic things I'd heard