Asgeir's Studio

Feb 13, 2002
Rimouski, Quebec Canada
I suppose that some of you guys have a personnal home studio, let's face it with todays technology pretty much anybody with a computer can assembly a recording studio.....of course the quality of it will be define by how much you want to invest in it....

Well i would like to know from Asgeir (i'm sure you use ProTools) and all the others on the forum what are they using (hardware,software...), even if it's only for a hobby or as a proffession

OK, i'll go first, here's what i have.......(it's just a great hobby)

-Personnal computer AMD cpu 2400+ / 768 mb of memory / 80 gig HD 7200rpm/
-Audio Card (most important) Delta 66 by m-audio, fucking great card when your on a budget, can record 4 at the same time.
-M-audio DMP3 preamp
-Behringer mx802a eurorack mixer
-Edirol ma10 monitors
-Softwares: Adobe Audition 1.5 (Great software) / Fruity Loop studio 5 as a sampler, to do all the other instrument that i don't play.....and a shit load of VST and VSTI effects.
-I'll soon buy a midi controller, probably the m-audio keystation 49e.

Now what do you guys have............

mmmmm I have a dog, a small cactus, some cables, a big white box with some lights (an old wise man told me that that was a computer)...... a couple of little things with "Shure Beta 57" written in a small square area, and some more of that "mike-rowe-foams" that my tiny tiny brain can't count (should I use the big white box to help me count them?).

Now really, i'm planning to invest in some hardware soon (my old 1300 duron is planning to go on vacations). I have: a mixer i built myself (16 channels, 4 subs) (it was expensive but a hell of an experience), some mic preamps and DI boxes, also built from scratch (one of them is a tube preamp with a 12AX7 in it). For software I use Cakewalk Sonar 3, I have the Waves Diamond Bundle, and it freakin' rocks! Really cool plugins in there (if someone asks me if i legally own that bundle, I use my right to remain silent LOL).

It's been almost 6 years since i don't use my home studio and actualy i'm planning to upgrade everything... for the start want to build a new PC but still not sure about which motherboard and prossesor will chose... probably from: http://www.tigerdirect.com/
the audio card would be Delta 1010 for sure.
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta1010-main.html (i already own the Delta 44) but want to be able to create DTS sound... if anyone knows about how to get started with DTS just let me know
gilturrent35@msn.com
I already own Pro Tools M-powered, Project 5 version 2 & Cubase 3 softwares but still not much used to the last two.
my Jackson guitar, Roland Boss effect pedals... blue tube preamps...
by the way i love DS-1 Distortion :) i'm planning to buy the mighty DD6 too :)
i almost forgot my old Korg N364 workstation lol...
http://www.harmony-central.com/Synth/Data/Korg/N364-1.html

Old computer which I can't even remember the original spec of...
Cubasis vst 3.0
Battery 2
Drumkit From Hell
M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Behringer UB1204 mixer
Guitar POD 2 (used for both guitar and bass)
Studio Projects B1
Crappy stereo speakers
M-Audio Radium 49

Looing nice and dusty/messy..just a shame I don't have the ability to make something of it

CIMG1729small.jpg

CIMG1727small.jpg

Cubase SX
AKG Condensor Mic (Forgot the number)
M-Audio Sound Card
Drum Kit From Hell 2
Silver Orchestra
Makes fine orchestrated black metal.