Ask The Band

I love your band, have been a fan for years. I also have 3 questions for you guys:

1. Are you, or are you not aware that you are way better than Dragonforce? I mean if you are using a single real guitar on your album you are automatically better than Dragonfarce, whose music is about as real as Britney Spears' boobs.

2. Does Drew have any plans for a nude photo shoot? If so, will Ian be his fluffer?

3. Why does it burn when I pee? And does it mean anything if there is a yellow-greenish discharge sometimes? Can Mutiny Within's music cure Gonorrhea?

Yo what's up guys?

Its been awhile, how's everything looking for the album? When do you think we'll get an update?

-Joe

Hey,

Well we've kept quiet about the situation until we get some solid news. To cut a long story short, we left Audiohammer studios as we weren't getting what the album needed. It was going in the wrong direction and Jason's ideas conflicted with ours. We have everything tracked apart from keyboards and vocals. I'm currently demoing vocals on the tracks for the label, and we're hoping to go down to near Miami to work with Jason Bieler (Nonpoint, Sikth, Skindred) in early April. The album is going to be set back quite some time, but as upset as we are about that, it's worth it to make sure it comes out the way we want. The way it was starting to sound just wasn't what we're about and didn't represent our vision of the band.

We've done a lot of work in our basic studio here in NJ over the last few months and we've got the songs in a good shape to take down to Florida and we're gonna make this album the way we want.

Sorry about the lack of updates, it's been a bit of a sensitive issue with leaving the studio etc. There will be an official update as soon as the studio date is booked and we'll make announcements then etc.

Thanks for asking!
Chris

Hey,

Well we've kept quiet about the situation until we get some solid news. To cut a long story short, we left Audiohammer studios as we weren't getting what the album needed. It was going in the wrong direction and Jason's ideas conflicted with ours. We have everything tracked apart from keyboards and vocals. I'm currently demoing vocals on the tracks for the label, and we're hoping to go down to near Miami to work with Jason Bieler (Nonpoint, Sikth, Skindred) in early April. The album is going to be set back quite some time, but as upset as we are about that, it's worth it to make sure it comes out the way we want. The way it was starting to sound just wasn't what we're about and didn't represent our vision of the band.

We've done a lot of work in our basic studio here in NJ over the last few months and we've got the songs in a good shape to take down to Florida and we're gonna make this album the way we want.

Sorry about the lack of updates, it's been a bit of a sensitive issue with leaving the studio etc. There will be an official update as soon as the studio date is booked and we'll make announcements then etc.

Thanks for asking!
Chris

Damn, that's a bummer man. But hey it makes total sense I'd do the same thing, debut albums are important and you want them done right. I'm lookin forward to an official update!

Good luck man,
Joe

Hey,

Thanks for asking!
Chris

Jason has worked with the best bands... Why exaclty did you guys leave?

What did Roadrunner say? :lol:

I can't really say too much as we wanna stay professional about all this and we still get on with Jason.

We left for a number of reasons. We didn't really like his direction. He was pushing in a more death metal guitar direction and we weren't down with that. We love all that and incorporate it when it fits but it's not the core of our sound. Also we weren't happy with his working attitude. We achieved in 7 weeks what we should have done in 3 weeks. Jason is a great guy, but we went there to work with a successful producer, not to joke about. He's done great things in his career, and I hope he does more. We work really hard at what we do and I think it's only right that we get the same ethic out of a producer. We've finally got our songs back to what they should be after 2 months and we're ready to go back in the studio and finish it all off. On the label front, they were really supportive and agreed with our decision to leave.

How come you guys go through guitarists like butter?
Hey Alex, that's a legitimate question.

Finding a permanent second guitarist has been a challenge for us since Brandon joined the band. Brandon has devoted his life to guitar and it's been hard to find someone else who shares that same quality. Also, he's a laid back guy and his role in the band works well for our chemistry.

To find the final piece to our puzzle has definitely been a grueling search, and with Dan on board, we couldn't be happier. He's got everything that we were looking for. His attitude is positive, his skills are through the roof, and he's a great guy. Plus, he's Chris' friend from England! Not only does he bring a fresh outlook on guitar playing and song-writing, he has no problem handling our difficult guitar harmonies. We think that we've finally secured a great line-up.

-AJ

ive seen you guys go through lots of member changes since the beginning but the transitions seem to be pretty smooth and not much commotion.. what were the reasons for the departures/arrivals of past members?

the ones i know of: Khan (something like that, old singer), Sam, Lu, and Jeff?

ive never heard an offical "Mutiny" response to these changes

ive seen you guys go through lots of member changes since the beginning but the transitions seem to be pretty smooth and not much commotion.. what were the reasons for the departures/arrivals of past members?

the ones i know of: Khan (something like that, old singer), Sam, Lu, and Jeff?

ive never heard an offical "Mutiny" response to these changes

Hey man,

In my reply right above your post, I explained a little bit about the 2nd guitarist situation.

Other than that, I never really felt it was appropriate to issue any statement regarding a past member's departure. Thanks for your interest though.

I will say that it wasn't easy going through all of those line-up changes. It often involved a lot of heartache. But as a result, we've got the strongest line-up this band has ever seen and we're now able to pour 100% of our focus into our future.

Can't wait for you to hear the record! Keep checking back for updates...

-AJ

yea i know its sometimes tough makin the right move for the good of the band..shitty part of the business, but sometimes its gotta be done..hopefully things work out with where you're all at now

Hey, a friend of mine just introduced me to your music, great stuff. I was wondering if we can expect a tour in Australia sometime in the next year or 2?

You guys have a buzz growing in the UK: just listening to you for the first time after recommendations and it fucking rocks. Love that bass fill in Images.

Try to get 'Awake' on the Rock Band Network. A lot of metal is arriving there and it would be awesome to play your music on shitty plastic.

Viva Mutiny Within.

Mutiny Within is probably THE most talented band i have ever heard!! keep up the Amazing work !!

PM me for MIXING AND MASTERING/PROGRAMING

Hey, ya'll!

I saw ya'll tonight at the Masquerade and was very impressed. AJ is one of the most energetic bassists I've seen in a while!

On to my question- CHRIS! I am so sorry we dropped you! I'm just a 5 foot tall midget chick and I was trying to keep you up, but...um... Well, you know what happened(the damn guys around me should have helped!). I didn't see that damn cinder block there! Okay...actual question- Are you okay?! I'd suppose you probably have a bruise now...I'm so sorry! D: Please don't think Atlanta is full of evil musician-droppers and come back soon!