Astoria

I've just come back from the gig. The two supporting acts were pretty boring and I just wanted them to get the fuck off stage so Bodom could come on.

And of course they finally came, and as you expect, those fuckers played great!

Downside? The sound. It was awful, the organisers should be shot - I was right at the front yet I could barely hear Alexi over the noise of muddled up guitar and bass sounds. The solos were pretty hard to decipher as well, although it was clear for the bits were the other guys would stop playing.

It was still a great night, I'd definitely go see them again because any Bodom concert is amazing, even if the sound isn't as good as it could be.

Edit: Oh yeah, no solo duel between Laiho and Warman :( I thought it was gonna happen as well because Warman at one point pointed at Alex, then made a V-sign with his arm, which I thought meant they were going to duel shortly.

^how was the setlist?

it was good.

wow that was by far the worst sound mix i've ever heard at a gig, if you were new to bodom you'd probably come away thinking all their songs sound the same.

One highlight was that they played Blooddrunk, which sounded (i think) really good live.

just back from the gig also, like said above sounds were abit crappy but the gig overall was really good, defenatly looking forward towards their next gig overhere

as for the signing, it was abit shit to be honest as you could only get one thing signed, you was not allowed to take personal pictures with the band and didnt rly have time to chat to them or shake hands, basicly just walking past saying hi getting ur shit signed and go off

Just got back from the gig, was fucking insane.

Also the signing wasn't amazing, still chuffed I got to meet the band though. Managed to say hi and "I'll be seeing you at Wacken ^^" to most of them. Henkka, Janne and Roope smiled and said hi/shook hands, seemed genuinely happy to greet the fans. But Alexi and Jaska just looked tired, like they couldn't be arsed. But tbh I suppose signing sessions are very tedious, and time was getting short for the gig.

And :D:
l_50a3a0e841fe4f0929fdf7b2b56ffd4b.jpg

I'll write my review in a few mins. The setlist was (not in order)

Sixpounder (1st song)
In Your Face (2nd song)
Living Dead Beat
Follow The Reaper
CHILDREN OF DECADENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everytime I Die
Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior mix (I think)
Needled 24/7
Hate Me!
Chokehold
Angel's Don't Kill
Tie My Rope
Blooddrunk
Downfall (Last song)

So no SNBN, no Lake Bodom, no Bodom After Midnight, no AYDY. I couldn't believe Chilren Of Decadence, wow.

The sound quality was terrible. I mean, I still fucking enjoyed myself, but the guitars were too indistinguishable and the keyboards were too low in the mix. Alexi made a couple mistakes (from what I noticed). But overall playing was pretty tight, Jaska was fucking amazing and Alexi vocals were brilliant.

Also, was cool meeting Mitch briefly ^^

Also, when queing for the signing I got interviewed by Rockworld TV and photographed for the Spinefarm website TWICE by the same guy :lol: You might all be seeing my sweaty spotty face sometime soon :rofl: (the record store that signing happened it in was fucking boiling)

Listening to Follow The Reaper album now, listening to it feels so damn good after all that incoherent noise at the gig.

Also, when queing for the signing I got interviewed by Rockworld TV and photographed for the Spinefarm website TWICE by the same guy :lol: You might all be seeing my sweaty spotty face sometime soon :rofl: (the record store that signing happened it in was fucking boiling)
More boiling than the gig?

:lol:

Holy fuck I really felt it for the short people, not only were they getting internally crushed by the crowd but there's no fresh air down at their height levels - I'm six foot and I had to constantly raise my head for intakes of fresh air.

More boiling than the gig?

:lol:

Holy fuck I really felt it for the short people, not only were they getting internally crushed by the crowd but there's no fresh air down at their height levels - I'm six foot and I had to constantly raise my head for intakes of fresh air.

:lol: I was right at the front for the start of the show. But with thousands of people crushing as hard as they can against you, it became suffocating so I thought "fuck this" and went back a bit...... And ended up caught between two circle pits :lol:

Seriously though it was insane, I've seen fucking Necrophagist live in a tiny bar in Reading and it was nowhere near as suffocating.

PS: Moonsorrow are really really fucking good.

Yeah, it was REALLY hot tonight. I was even tempted to go back and try to film a whole song but I ended up on the raised platform at the front so I could see perfectly so I stayed.

KK so here it is.

Me and my friend ended up getting to Zavvi at around 1:30 I think, bought the Blooddrunk CD single for £2 and went upstairs to queue for about 4 hours!!! Even at that time, it was fuckin' packed.

I had already texted Brad (Pheonix) a few times to get an update on what was going on there and I also saw Josh (Swabs) in the queue behind me.

It was a strictly "one item per person" thing so I got my Blooddrunk CD signed on the inside and took a few photos as quick as a could because all the security guards were walking around shouting "No personal photographs". Yeah, fuck that. :lol:

BLOODDRUNK CD SINGLE:
295fj2v.jpg

SIGNED BLOODDRUNK CD SINGLE:
wistip.jpg

THE WHOLE BAND:
2eqe1bl.jpg

ROOPE, JANNE & ALEXI:
bjiznl.jpg

ALEXI LAUGHING:
2qnws3n.jpg

After I stopped shaking (lolfag), I walked off to Subway to grab a bite to eat 'cause it was fookin' boiling in there and I was about to die if I didn't consume something immediately.

Headed off to the Astoria after that and jumped in the queue with Brad, his friend, and Turbo, who seemed to be pretty wasted. :kickass:

Got in, bought a Blooddrunk T-Shirt (which I think I already ordered online...) and went in the arena.

*cutting straight to COB*

THE SETLIST:

Sixpounder (1st song)
In Your Face (2nd song)
Living Dead Beat
Follow The Reaper
CHILDREN OF DECADENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everytime I Die
Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior mix
Needled 24/7
Hate Me!
Chokehold (mixed with something, can't remember what)
Angel's Don't Kill
Tie My Rope
Blooddrunk
Downfall (Last song)

I got to about the 2nd/3rd row which was cool, considering you couldn't even get into the arena properly when I turned up. Extremely painful on the back, legs, arms etc though. I was thinking of stepping back because I couldn't take it any longer but I thought "fuck, an hour and a half of my life, I need to ignore the pain and take lots of closeup pics and vids. :D"...

So I did, here's a few. (I have all of these pics in higher quality btw)

JASKA (with a fucking HUGE beard):
2urngg5.jpg

HENKKA:
axyzqe.jpg

ALEXI (there's alot of them :err:):
2hmkbxe.jpg

mvot43.jpg

2mcc76d.jpg

2vij9tg.jpg

30iub6a.jpg

i4e0dx.jpg

9llqon.jpg

25hedq9.jpg

23k5ge0.jpg

t56gxy.jpg

1zq7n9x.jpg

I have a couple more but I'll save those, I chose the best ones.

I have some videos too, of
Blooddrunk (Chorus, Intro & Riff)
Children Of Decadence (Intro & Riff)
Mask Of Sanity (Intro & change to DW)
Hate Me! (chorus & solo)
Tie My Rope (intro)

Some of them are really short 'cause my arm was being shaken so much, it was pointless to continue so I just stopped 'em.

I'll upload the videos to YouTube and edit them into this post. In the meantime, here's Alexi talking to us.

CHILDREN OF DECADENCE INTRO:

Last edited by a moderator: