ATHEISTS are demoralizing society. We need a strong CHRISTIAN president.

This is getting dull...

You're both wrong.

Fair enough, if you have enough time to rack up 11,000 posts on this tundra, then you must have world politics ironed out for sure eh?

No really sir, tell me how it really is. I'm hanging on your every word....seriously.

[Sorry, that was before the patriot act.
Now, how do you explain the Guantanamo prison, "free speech zones", arrestations of peasefull anti-war-demonstrations, abductions of potetntial terrorists in Europe and so on?
/QUOTE]

Wow, this guy really nailed it too. I'm always weary of these unlawful "arrestations" every time I prepare a case for federal court.

I know it must be really hard for our european pals to resist their inherent ability to engage in complete douchebaggery (aka: knowing better than everyone else), but please resist the urge, and shut your cakeholes instead of piping off about shit you know nothing about.

Well, when US gets out of European politics, we'll stay out of US internal affairs.
Until then...

The first time I saw this thread, I thought it was a joke! You don't have to believe in hell to have an idea of what's wrong and what's right (for you). Everybody has some kind of moral!
Ideology and moral are two different things though. The topic for this thread was Christian moral vs Atheistic moral (or lack of such), not Communism vs Capitalism. Honestly I don't think modern Christian moral really is very different from the Atheisitc.

For some of you this might be intresting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism#Fascism_and_religion

Actually, Pope John Paul II denounced hell as a place, and said it was a state of being:
“To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God’s merciful love means remaining separated from him for ever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called ‘hell’ ”
(third paragraph of Pope John Paul II s generall audience of Wednesday 28 July 1999, link here)

If he was right, then the fear of hell in itself, at least for catholics, isn't enoug to make their moral.

Interesting enough, Jesus as a person is perceived to be highly moral both after christian and atheist standards.
I can accept a statement that christians find it more natural to try to follow the example of Jesus when it comes to morality, him being after all the sentral piece of their religion.
But no goverment ever has followed that example, even when calling themselves christian (The Vaticane of the Renaissance period and the holy inquisition are good examples), so the argument that atheists are demoralising society and a christian goverment is the way to combat amorality is sertainly not valid.

I'd like to put that statement into some perspective: religions have very often been used as a front for other reasons.

It is easy to hide behind a belief, as for speaking of atheists not bothered about sending thoose into war. Elisbeth the 1st was not afraid of sending men to war even if she was protistant, relgion can cause upset in wars, it can be over land or can be the current prime minister or president.

I think the US is pretty safe, more so then Iraq who is bombed nearly all the time.

Fair enough, if you have enough time to rack up 11,000 posts on this tundra, then you must have world politics ironed out for sure eh?

No really sir, tell me how it really is. I'm hanging on your every word....seriouslly...

Wow, this guy really nailed it too. I'm always weary of these unlawful "arrestations" every time I prepare a case for federal court.

I know it must be really hard for our european pals to resist their inherent ability to engage in complete douchebaggery (aka: knowing better than everyone else), but please resist the urge, and shut your cakeholes instead of piping off about shit you know nothing about.

It's statements like these that have inspired this insipid discussion. I'm normally pretty diplomatic but shut your fucking mouth. You're plain wrong. You couldn't be espousing any more contradictions if you tried. Did you even consider what you are saying and what you wrote?

I'm educated enough to be aware of the American political process and the context it's currently sitting in. Moreover, I was criticising some pretty weak argumentation on Paul's part as opposed to criticising the United States. My only aim in commenting was to show that pretty much everything he had said was baseless generalisation.

In short: Don't come flying at me pretending I was acting high and mighty. I'd like to think the majority of American's here know I think they're damn fine people and I've never tried to lecture them.

As for the Egyptian Gods...

They're coming back. It's all written on some stones, found some place by some guy. Once they've done subduing the other races in the Milky Way they'll be back to bring the apocolypse, or a plague or cake.

As weird as the movie was, the graphic novels it is based upon are even stranger. Weird French futurism from the Cold War era. I'm pretty sure a lot of drugs were involved.

Fear the wrath of Ra!

ra_003.jpg

Ra2.JPG

stargate.jpg

01_header.jpg

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2sa3qh4vemQ[/ame]

USA ARE FIGHT COMMUNISM AND EXECUTING TERRORISTS FOR GREAT JUSTICES. ATHEISTS R WANKING IN UR BASEMENT AND ATEING DORITOS