ATHEISTS are demoralizing society. We need a strong CHRISTIAN president.

Gotta love it... the American without a high school diploma (who thinks Machiavelli was serious) is trying to make a case for Americans knowing American issues better than everyone else by calling his opponent a faggot and telling him things he already knows. I love you, Internet.

Jeff

i just love it when you pretend you know everything and think you are better than everyone, including machiavelli

shitthread.gif

The difference is that the Europeans are ignorant in terms of foreing policy

These generalizations just fail at every level. There is no such thing as "the European". Very different countries, very different cultures, very different people, very different mentalities, very different beliefs, very different societies etc... list goes on forever. Aren't you part Romanian? I don't know that much about Romanian politics and you probably don't know much about German..

It's as wrong as the picture of all Americans being retarded bible-tied rednecks who'd sell their own grandmothers for a barrel of oil, which one may perceive through some media.

How are Europeans especially ignorant when it comes to foreign policy? Of course, there are many people blinded by the media, as in every other country or continent, too. But a lot of people have a really sophisticated opinion about what's happening outside of their own country.

And do you wanna know why lots of foreigners think some of America's business is theirs, too? It's easy. Because some issues like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or resource and environmental politics are affecting them, too - big time. Germany didn't participate in the war in Iraq, yet were suffering from terror, too. Directly (because of attacks) and indirectly (because of incisions on our freedoms).

None of these issues will be solved without collaboration.

i just love it when you pretend you know everything and think you are better than everyone, including machiavelli

The problem is that you're embarrassing a lot of things I agree with by throwing around 'faggot' and telling people they're stupid. I also don't think I'm better than everyone, Machiavelli included - I did, however, take enough interest in him to read his letters and other writings and come to the conclusion that he was mocking the Medici family and those like them (people who had ruined his family's - and as a result, his - status) with the works you're referring to - he had very strong republican tendencies.

Jeff

Way too much generalising going on in here. As a matter of fact, I usually tend to identify with Joshy boy. I've thought the same about Machiavelli for quite some time.

and Paul - Europeans don't understand foreign policy? Think before you speak, man.

Max still had it though: Fuck Carthage.

and Paul - Europeans don't understand foreign policy? Think before you speak, man.

as far as i met and read about the opinions of average euroJoe, they still don't understand foreign policy or are uninformed and hate America. Yes, Bush was a retarded dumb fucked asshole, but they can't go and hate America, while Russia and China are their biggest threat. Putin still doesn't sign the "Carta Energetica" and can blackmail the EU with pulling the plug on natural gas and oil. (Less with oil, the eu is going to get more oil through kazhstan, rather than Russia through the new pipeline from kazasthan-romania-italy-rest of EU that they will build in 2009).

The EU government, espeically Sarkozy has a good foreign policy, and I approve of the unification and federalisation of the EU and having a single foreign policy for the continent.

as far as i met and read about the opinions of average euroJoe, they still don't understand foreign policy or are uninformed and hate America. Yes, Bush was a retarded dumb fucked asshole, but they can't go and hate America, while Russia and China are their biggest threat. Putin still doesn't sign the "Carta Energetica" and can blackmail the EU with pulling the plug on natural gas and oil. (Less with oil, the eu is going to get more oil through kazhstan, rather than Russia through the new pipeline from kazasthan-romania-italy-rest of EU that they will build in 2009).

The EU government, espeically Sarkozy has a good foreign policy, and I approve of the unification and federalisation of the EU and having a single foreign policy for the continent.

Then you are as ignorant as you paint us to be. The Unification and Federalisation of Europe, as you put it, is widely unsupported here. It brings a level of unworkable bureaucracy to the government. The idea of a European super-state is unwanted and unrequired.

We're not a homogeneous entity, but rather a loose amalgam of vastly different cultures, albeit ones rooted with a common history.

I think you've noticed a general trend towards dislike of George Bush and extrapolated it way too far. Many people distrust the United States, but the vast majority of intelligent and able people consider the situation more holistically. Of course not all Americans are X or Y.

As for Russia or China, I'm not sure threat is the right word. I'm not about to get McCarthyesque when considering them. They both have questionable governments, yep and they are both fast growing economies (China especially) but that hardly means they are a legitimate threat (I'm unsure what you even mean by threat? Economically, socially, maybe declarations of war???). It seems to me you consider the rise of any Economy outside of N. America or W. Europe as inherently bad. Why? The onus is on us not to chastise and be fearful of growing economies but to take some responsibility as participants in the international body politic to ensure the growth is benevolent.

That said and I've only really begun to comment on some of the outright uninformed things you've said in this thread.

The problem is that you're embarrassing a lot of things I agree with by throwing around 'faggot' and telling people they're stupid. I also don't think I'm better than everyone, Machiavelli included - I did, however, take enough interest in him to read his letters and other writings and come to the conclusion that he was mocking the Medici family and those like them (people who had ruined his family's - and as a result, his - status) with the works you're referring to - he had very strong republican tendencies.

Jeff

Hey your the guy who strung up his guitar with .90's aren't you? Fucking epic!!:headbang:

Also completely unrelated.