athiest former soldier sues over religious harasment

Why not? I hate this fucking country.

Maybe you should
gtfo3bp.jpg

Anyone who says that needs to leave! People have died all through our history to allow you to say that, and if you can't appreciate that, then go to somewhere else.

I can understand being tired of the materialistic and selfish lifestyle that Amricans have become accustomed to. Consuming the large percentage of the worlds good that we do and whatnot. But what can you expect from a nation that has led the world in so many areas? You can't expect people to want to stay in the farm ages, and they don't. You yourself benefit from and enjoy many of the advances and the freedoms we have fought for in this country. We can all, as individuals, do what we can to be less greedy and materialistic, and be more environmentally wise, etc.

That's not cool. Even if it's Iraq, there should be freedom of religion in the army. They're probably OK with gay people joining the army, but not atheists?? Stupid.

The American government isn't the only one that is filled with religious people. Last I checked, most of the world is involved with some form of religion. Mooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

How about you don't do anything stupid that would resort in you getting the death penalty douchebag. You probably won't have much to worry about then.

As for the metric system...who give a fuck? You can still measure stuff with the standard system. mooooooot yet again horaah

The American government isn't the only one that is filled with religious people. Last I checked, most of the world is involved with some form of religion. Mooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Actually, all the world isn't as overly religious as America. Around 80% of the swedish population do not believe in God, though many of them are merely agnostics or just don't care. Even though Sweden is especially secular the figures are similar in several other european countries.

How about you don't do anything stupid that would resort in you getting the death penalty douchebag. You probably won't have much to worry about then.

So you're supporting capital punishment? I'm not even going to list the dozens of things wrong with it. Clearly, some people deserve to die, but I wouldn't put faith in any government to fairly decide who lives and who doesn't.

As for the metric system...who give a fuck? You can still measure stuff with the standard system. mooooooot yet again horaah

But the metric system is based around a system of tens and really awesome and neat.

I can name many more things wrong with America, such as...

• Your OSDM is inferior to our many awesome black metal scenes
  • The sport you call football is inferior to the sport we call football
  • Your flag is ugly
  • Etc, etc... I think I'll give up on serious debate for now.

Zeph, you are one of the more privileged people. You have no reason to bitch about a lot of things

You didn't read my apology. I retract that statement. It was dumb.

Yeah, I noticed that as I typed it :loco:

I just left it, cause most people who "hate" America still love all their freedoms and just like to sit around a whine, but they never leave.

I love my freedom to speak against the evils this country has committed and the consequences it has brought upon itself and the rest of the world. My hatred for this country isn't based upon its ideological institutions (the ones which allow me free speech), but of the real problems perpetrated by politicians, who were elected by the American people. I love the American ideal of representative democracy, but recent history has shown the drawbacks of it: when your country is full of stupid people, they will elect the people most willing to take advantage of their stupidity.

American politics is a playground compared to a lot of the rest of the world. People need to seriously stop bitching as much as they do. Trust me, I have tons of issues with this country, but not enough to hate it. I live for myself, and the US allows me to do this. I can't really ask for more than that. Obviously I'm not saying that I can't do this elsewhere, but I'm just making a point.

Also, I'm not getting involved in this further.

I agree with Nec here. I'm glad that I can be an Atheist, Agnostic, a Pagan, or even a Satanist (just as long as I'm not causing harm). I would prefer to live in Norway, or some other country of that sort, but unfortunately I have family and friends here, also the fact that I'm quite young. Of course, we have our share of problems, like what cherko said. (I really wish we went to the metric system) But, I still agree with the quote I put down, for the most part.

I love my freedom to speak against the evils this country has committed and the consequences it has brought upon itself and the rest of the world. My hatred for this country isn't based upon its ideological institutions (the ones which allow me free speech), but of the real problems perpetrated by politicians, who were elected by the American people. I love the American ideal of representative democracy, but recent history has shown the drawbacks of it: when your country is full of stupid people, they will elect the people most willing to take advantage of their stupidity.

There are some who say the whole system is hopeless, and that we individuals don't really make much difference. I don't know if that's true, but I suspect it is at least partially true. I think that America has the good of the World as a concern (albeit from an American perspective), and does what it can, but it is run by fallable humans, and is full of fallable humans. A system containing humans will always be fallable. I still love America and feel it is worth defending.