Attacks on London.....

I hope everyone is doing allright...

and Blair's speech was excellent...

just remember, all who can should donate blood for the injured...

-Imp

Absolutely horrific images.

There but for the grace of god I was not in London today, but I know many who are.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all friends and families that have been affected by this ATROCITY.

My sincere condolences to all involved. I hope no one on the board was at the site of the explosions. This is awful. And to make it worse, certain people in the States are already trying to milk this tragedy for their own gain, just like they did on September 11th, 2001. Unbelievable.

I have friends who live on the outskirts of London, and I'm trying to contact them to make sure they are okay.

Does anyone on this board know of any way those of us overseas can help the victims, ie, relief funds, charities and things like that? I'm sure they will come up, in any case.

Anyway, I'll say a prayer for everyone involved tonight.
:cry:

I just want to say that all my thoughts are with the people that have been affcted in London. A friend of mine was using the underground on her London visit the day before the explosions occured. It is at these times that you realise just how precious your loved ones mean to you.
Mr Weapon - I'm sure that there will be some charitable events set up in the coming weeks to help the victims and their families. But, sadly, the way things are going - Birmingham had to be evacuated last night - this is not a one-off situation.

At the moment, all I can say is 'Never Surrender'!

It's just utter garbage all these bombs, I wouldn't like to be anywhere London at this time. It won't stop me going to london in November to see the 25th NWOBHM anniversary concert but NO WAY will I be going on the underground or going on a bus. Will just need to make sure I book myself into a hotel more or less right next door to The Astoria. Does anyone happen to know the name of a hotel thats close to the Astoria.

I wasn't aware there was a NWOBHM show in London.is this still in the planning stages?? this bombing madness must be stopped.I was going to go to 2 of the NWOBHM shows in Germany, but my wife thinks I should stay home.Is anyone else changing the way they live due to these acts of violence?My first thought is to not go,but then I think again,are we to live in fear?its easy to think nothing will happen to yourself. However if something does happen,you may not know anything happened,so why worry.

saxonfan said:
I wasn't aware there was a NWOBHM show in London.is this still in the planning stages??

No it's for definite, 4th November at The Astoria in London, five bands for £15, wow cheap as chips. Diamond Head/Praying Mantis, Witchfynde, Jaguar and Bronz. Getting my ticket today and counting the days till I can see them again. I cannot wait, it will be totally awesome!!!!

25th Anniversary of NWOBHM show
Diamond Head have been confirmed to headline a 25th anniversary of NWOBHM show on Friday 4th November. The event takes place at The Astoria in London with the following bands;

DIAMOND HEAD - 9.15PM - 10.15PM
WITCHFYNDE - 8.10PM - 8.55PM
PRAYING MANTIS - 7.05PM - 7.50PM
BRONZ - 6.15PM - 6.45PM
JAGUAR - 5.25PM - 5.55PM

I haven't heard the news this morning but hopefully no one was killed in yesterday's attacks. I still won't go on the tube or a London bus whilst I'm there but as you say Saxonfan, if you are going to be killed in bomb blast, then you will feel nothing as you get blown to kingdom come.

J1m1c said:
NO SURRENDER TO THE TERRORIST SCUM
In see they shot one of the scumbags dead this morning,it's about time the police and government stopped fannying about with these wankers.No Mercy,after all they dont show any.

midnightrider said:
In see they shot one of the scumbags dead this morning,it's about time the police and government stopped fannying about with these wankers.No Mercy,after all they dont show any.

Very well said, that is exactly the kind of thing the media should be saying mate!! This PC bullshit does more harm than good, it does not work, and that has been proven!