Attila's Pantera Cover Band

They already are doing it. Check out the vid.

I put Skylab on hold and I'm having a fucking blast with my AIC cover band.

Never understood the Pantera hate. Dimebag was a total riff machine and maybe it's just nostalgia since they're one of the first metal bands I ever got into, but I seriously find it hard to believe that so many people hate them so passionately. There are far, far, FAR worse bands out there.

Good for Atilla, I'm sure he's having a blast doing something he really loves.

I think it's mostly due to Phil Anselmo being a total wanker and the fact that Diamond was/is severely over rated. His death, which was tragic, doesn't justify the elevation he got as 'the best guitar player ever'. Some dickhead in Slayer said that (KK I think) immediately after his death and everyone took it and ran with it. Diamond was a little bit creative and that's about it. His technical skill was not even close to noteworthy.

I agree Anselmo is the bad seed in that bunch and I never thought Dimebag was a phenomenal guitarist or anything, but he wrote fucking crushing riffs with excellent groove that were fun to listen to before everyone else started copying him.

The opening riff on Shedding Skin single-handedly made me want start playing guitar when I was a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's due to all the fanboys and fanbands "dedicating this song to Dimebag". Seriously, for about 3 years after his death bands were still doing that shit and it got old fast.

The guy wrote awesome riffs and was a cool dude. Leave it at that.

For the record, if I could have a beer with one dead musician, it'd be Dimebag. I love the guy. He was a great person and never had a bad thing to say about anyone. I still like a few Pantera songs but only a handful.

I read once that there was this kid in line to get Dime's autograph, his dad mentioned to him he was trying to get him a guitar but couldn't afford it. Dime told the manager to get the best starter pack they sold and gave it to him. "Who knows? He could be the next Eddie Van Halen." What a guy.

I just don't want Atilla bringing any Pantera influence to Nevermore whatsoever.

i think a lot of pantera hate has to do with the perception of their fans being ignorant redneck trailer-trash. obviously thats not all of them, but most times when you see someone 'representing' for pantera it's some loud jackass dirtbag.

I listen to Pantera everyday. Haters can bite the curb; Phil is cool, Dime was a riff machine and one of the nicest guys, and the band was something special in the 90s.

Attila can play Pantera better than any other guitarist I have heard.

if you don't like pantera and you are pushing 30 or over 30, you were probably listening to really gay music as a kid.

Hah, so true. Honestly though, I can only say that I really liked Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power in their entirety as opposed to everything that came after. I usually found one or two songs that stuck, and a whole lot of riffs, but Phil just killed it for me.

I got pretty sick of him trying to show the world just how "hardcore" he was by singing less and less and simply shouting lyrics while having the mic pressed up against his lips as though he's in prison, being forced to give favors.

I love their Hair Metal Stuff, especially Power Metal, the first one with Phil. How can you not like a song called Pussytight Tonight...

But somehow I doubt Attila's playing these songs with his band :(

My favorite used to be Far Beyond Driven, but I think it's now Trendkill. Trendkill when it came out wasn't that impressive to me because I was young and stupid and had just graduated high school and didn't know dick about music. Years later I listened to it and realized it's probably the best album they've ever done.