Attila's Pantera Cover Band

I think it's mostly due to Phil Anselmo being a total wanker and the fact that Diamond was/is severely over rated. His death, which was tragic, doesn't justify the elevation he got as 'the best guitar player ever'. Some dickhead in Slayer said that (KK I think) immediately after his death and everyone took it and ran with it. Diamond was a little bit creative and that's about it. His technical skill was not even close to noteworthy.

i think all this post-death "dimebag was best guitar-player ever" thing is kinda like how at the moment Kurt Cobain died, everyone was all "pearl jam and smashing pumkins are better than Nirvanna", and then when everyone found out Kurt was dead, all of a sudden everone was all like "Cobain was the greatest musician in history"

also
when Selena died, the specific people that didn't even know who the fuck she was the day before she died, are walking around listening to her CDs the day after she died
the same exact thing with aaliyah

i think all this post-death "dimebag was best guitar-player ever" thing is kinda like how at the moment Kurt Cobain died, everyone was all "pearl jam and smashing pumkins are better than Nirvanna", and then when everyone found out Kurt was dead, all of a sudden everone was all like "Cobain was the greatest musician in history"

also
when Selena died, the specific people that didn't even know who the fuck she was the day before she died, are walking around listening to her CDs the day after she died
the same exact thing with aaliyah

Wrong. Nirvana was bigger than anything else in the 90's, there were just different camps. I belonged in the, "AIC and Soundgarden kick the shit out of Nirvana" camp, where I was from the beginning and remain to this day. Nirvana were overrated, sure, but they single-handedly changed music because of how they appealed to the fans.

If you look at PJ and AIC and Nirvana fans today, they're the same people they were years ago; their favorite band is still PJ, AIC, or Nirvana.

Maybe not where you live.

Everyone knew who Selena and Aaliyah were.

when Selena died, i couldn't find anybody that knew who she was before she died except people that had spent time living in Mexico

when Aaliyah died i couldn't find anyone that knew who she was before she died except 1 straight guy and 3 lesbians that thought she was sexy

Wrong. Nirvana was bigger than anything else in the 90's, there were just different camps. I belonged in the, "AIC and Soundgarden kick the shit out of Nirvana" camp, where I was from the beginning and remain to this day. Nirvana were overrated, sure, but they single-handedly changed music because of how they appealed to the fans.

If you look at PJ and AIC and Nirvana fans today, they're the same people they were years ago; their favorite band is still PJ, AIC, or Nirvana.

maybe i wasn't describing everyone in america
i was really just describing the specific people that i interacted with

my point was that the deaths of Dimebag Selena Aaliyah and Cobain all resulted in people listening to the music of dead people even though they hadn't listened to said music prior to the deaths of these people, i think the death of almost any musician is going to have this effect
but for those four people, the effect was on a massive scale

a huge ass amount of people that have never heard any of Amy Winehouse's music knew her as "the crack-head on TMZ"
and i'm willing to bet that a lot of those people are going to start listeneing to her music now that she's dead, it's kinda morbid, but it happens

I love Pantera, but you will find a lot of people in here that hate them.

Awesome covers by the way. My favorite being the Floods Solo (one of dimes best solo's imo)