ATTN: gadget people. what is a good MP3 player for me to get

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
i don't want to spend tons of $$ mostly i just want something to listen to music on when i'm at the gym.
i know NOTHING about mp3 players. but i want one so i can play the music i download and stuff.

i would be like, "ipod". and you can get one with your war bonus.

head_bush_offers_taxpayers.gif

http://www.theonion.com/onion3908/bush_offers_taxpayers.html

for the love of god, get one with more than 64 mb storage. 64 is good for at most a 60 min album set at 128 bitrate, which sucks or is incovenient especially if you rip or prefer your mp3s at a higher rate.

okay, explain this to me more dude! like, if i had a 64mb mp3 player, could i have at least an hour of music at the gym? would that be enough? i'm not looking to spend a ton of $$ but i also don't want a piece of crap. can you recommend one? HELP DUDES MAYDAY MAYDAY

well the ipod is just too expensive. seriously. at the mac store they were like $350. if i am going to spend that much, i am going to have like, a backpack full of drugs or some shit. not a little electronic doodad.

i guess because my old roommate had an mp3 player and like, he could use it to play all the stuff he downloaded from kazaa and i thought that was neat. plus i dont even like minidiscs they seem too complex.

I have an IRivers 64 mb player. I got it for Christmas so cost wasn't an issue.

I'd say, for the price and the purpose (working out at a gym?) it's not bad. But I don't know how much 64 mb players typically go for. If 45$ is considerably less, and all you want is a player that get you 60 min's of music for working out at a gym, I'd go for it. Just be aware of the caveat I set up in my other post. You're limited by the 64 mbs. I can't get in an album of more than 60 mins into the player. And forget about mp3s at 160 + bitrate. You'll only have enough room for like 3 songs, and the tracks I usually listen to are each 10 mins long and over.

I think IPOD requires windows xp and a "firewire". I'm not sure what that is- it may not be the same as a "port" (?). Also, some mp3 players come with a radio, so you might want to look for one of those before settling.