Attn: Paul...urgent, please...

We're not going to be playing any shows or tours anytime soon, if that's something you guys were thinking about. Especially given that we had to cancel the tour in Jan. due to current health reasons, and that we're trying to break in a new drummer and focus on writing new material to record in a couple of months, playing live anytime soon is just highly unlikely.

But then again what do I know, I don't even know what this thread is about in the first place.

btw - for those in the Chicago area who can help...

If I were to be in town for the weekend, other than a Blackhawk's game, where should a Canuck metalhead go and see? Any specific guitar stores? CD / metal t-shirt stores, etc... A special restaurant? A place to drink a lot of beer? Stuff like that!

Thanks!!

DG - \w/

btw - for those in the Chicago area who can help...

If I were to be in town for the weekend, other than a Blackhawk's game, where should a Canuck metalhead go and see? Any specific guitar stores? CD / metal t-shirt stores, etc... A special restaurant? A place to drink a lot of beer? Stuff like that!

Thanks!!

DG - w/

Hey David you should check out a store called Metal Haven on the northside of the city. That store pretty much has every CD you could ever think of buying. It's mostly death and black metal, but they also carry a lot of other genres. One of my favorite stores is called Impulse Music which is in a northwest suburb of Chicago. They pretty much only carry power/progressive metal though.

The only guitar stores I can think of that have good gear are Guitar Center and Sam Ash.

You have to get food at Portillo's and Giordano's before you leave. Portillo's has great beef products, and Giordano's is THE place for pizza in Chicago as far as I'm concerned.

We're not going to be playing any shows or tours anytime soon, if that's something you guys were thinking about. Especially given that we had to cancel the tour in Jan. due to current health reasons, and that we're trying to break in a new drummer and focus on writing new material to record in a couple of months, playing live anytime soon is just highly unlikely.

But then again what do I know, I don't even know what this thread is about in the first place.

Nope, that's not what I was thinking. My suspicion has to do with Paul alone, not the band. :)

My guess was that Nov Doom were working on being added to this year's Heathen Crusade. From what I hear, bands are dropping off that daily.

You guys are all reading way too deeply into this. :lol:

And on the Heathen Crusade, we had a blast the first time we played years ago, but we've never been approached to perform again. I guess we don't fit on the bill anymore, or the promoters don't like us anymore. :p

Theories:
-David met Paul at a show the two bands played and said "Hey. I want to visit Chicago sometime!" Paul said "Oh sure! I have a guest room!" David set "Wow! Really?!?!?! That would save alot on room and board!!!! I'll be down next week!" Then Mr. Kuhr got all business like and quoted rates, thus crushing David's plan and forcing him to not visit until now!

-Someone with a very official looking hat told David that, under new US immigration regs, he would be arrested if he tried playing Rainbow Six over XBL across the border.

-David got really, really, really lost trying to go to the market and found himself near Chicago. While the park is currently suiting his needs, Maude has begun biting him and urinating on his Dishwasher box.

You guys are all reading way too deeply into this. :lol:

And on the Heathen Crusade, we had a blast the first time we played years ago, but we've never been approached to perform again. I guess we don't fit on the bill anymore, or the promoters don't like us anymore. :p

In all honesty, I have heard nothing but praises of your performance from folks I know who were there.

And yes, we are all fanatical ND fans here. Of course we read too much into everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their butter crust is a lot better than Giordano's crust, but as far as sauce and cheese, Giordano's hands down!

Don't get me wrong. I love Giordano's. Even more than UNOs.

At work, we recently had deep dish from Nancy's that rocked!!!

Fuck, who wants to have a meet up of some of us locals for pizza?
This thread is making me hungry!

IN CHICAGO!!!

So, now what...? :)

Go see this thingy....lol

chicago%20017.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I love Giordano's. Even more than UNOs.

At work, we recently had deep dish from Nancy's that rocked!!!

Fuck, who wants to have a meet up of some of us locals for pizza?
This thread is making me hungry!

I never was a fan of Uno's. For me Gino's East rules ALL. I do adore Giordano's as well. Chicagoland has some great friggin' pizza. It is a must for any out of towner!

Ya know, there have been a few attempts at meet ups and all of them have failed. Guess we're just a bunch of busy metalheads. :heh: