Attn: Paul...urgent, please...

Go see this thingy....lol

chicago%20017.jpg

My daughter loves that thing.
I seriously probably have over 30 pictures of her by it.
It is cool to see.

I never was a fan of Uno's. For me Gino's East rules ALL. I do adore Giordano's as well. Chicagoland has some great friggin' pizza. It is a must for any out of towner!

Ya know, there have been a few attempts at meet ups and all of them have failed. Guess we're just a bunch of busy metalheads. :heh:

Hey Rachel!!!

Don't forget, that when they serve their own and not reheated Tombstone, the Pearl Room has some nice slices too!!!!

Yo!

The only thing I've ever eaten at the Pearl Room was a hotdog, once. Eww. I'd be afraid to go near the pizza. :zombie:

I was too!
But out of sheer boredom at the Candlemass show, my rumbling tummy got the best of me, and I braved it!

At the SIGH show though, I ordered it again, only to receive a very cold slice of Tombstone.... :(

HAHA! I knew you were gonna chime in with something.. that just made me laugh, since I am not sure whether or not I want to know my grade on my management exam that I took last week (I find out tonight). I definitely need to get back out there to see everyone. I gotta get away from RI.

I try showing up late, but I always end up seeing at least 2 openers I did not care to see.

The only nice surprise I can recall is a young local band called RAIN who were on the Candlemass bill.

Lots of promise. Hope they keep it up.

Recently I was talking to someone I met who is an ND fan, started getting into us about four years ago apparently. During the conversation, he asked me if we ever played at House Of Blues, and I mentioned that we played there in 2001 with Opeth and Amorphis. The guy says, "Oh man, I was at that show!! That was a great show, but I didn't see you guys". When I went on to tell him how great of a show it was for us, and we were playing material from "The Knowing" (a cd he claims to love), he looked disappointed and admitted, "My friends and I got there later because we didn't know who the opening band was, and we usually try to skip the local openers if possible."

So because of his closed-mindedness towards "local openers" he missed seeing us play, where he might've been turned on to ND even sooner than he was, and now has to regret never getting to see us play with two other excellent bands at a great period in time for said bands.

You never know what you might stumble upon at these shows, even if 90% of the local openers wind up being forgettable, you could wind up seeing a really cool band that evolves into something special.