Audio test REVISED

Sadguru

In my dream...
Jan 11, 2004
Canada, Québec
You asked for it and here it is. Finally found the willpower to resurrect that fucker. Due to the flawed previous test, you'll notice that this version differs from the former. This time around, you'll have to choose not from 4 options (or qualities), but 5: 56kbps, 128kbps, 192kbps, 320kbps and the cd quality. The idea was to include a lower bitrate for the people who have a hard time telling from higher qualities due to poor hardware or whatever reasons. To "prevent" filesize to quality identification, all the 5 samples are included in a single audio file with an interval of 3 sec. between eachother. Last, I tried to choose an excerpt that is more appropriate for the test.

Again, for the basics:
Included in the file below is an audio file which contains 5 samples. The encoding quality differs for each one of them. The 5 encoding qualities are:
a) 56kbps
b) 128kbps
c) 192kbps
d) 320kbps
e) cd quality

Of course, don't expect the samples to fit this order, meh.

Basically, all you have to do is to post your results in this form:
in chronological order
1) sample 1 = (choose a quality from the list above)
2) sample 2 = (choose a quality from the list above)
3) sample 3 = (choose a quality from the list above)
4) sample 4 = (choose a quality from the list above)
5) sample 5 = (choose a quality from the list above)

You can download the file here:
YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.
or
SendSpace | The Best Free File Sharing Service

To avoid the domino effect, just private message me your result. I'll bump the thread everytime I get one. So yeah, it would be for the best to avoid ANY conversation in the main thread. I count on you.

On last thing, I expect you regular off-topic members to be MUCH more active ...

Give your best shot!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS

Sample 1 = CD
Sample 2 = 320kbps
Sample 3 = 128kbps
Sample 4 = 192kbps
Sample 5 = 56kbps

winners:
Hibernal_Dreams
Mumblefood

Thanks for participating!

why don't you get EVERYONE to pm their results, and just post here "results sent" or something, to keep the thread bumped up to the top. Once it's done, you can post everyone's results so we can all see how it went. I think that's the easiest way to get people not to be influenced by the choices of others.

why don't you get EVERYONE to pm their results, and just post here "results sent" or something, to keep the thread bumped up to the top. Once it's done, you can post everyone's results so we can all see how it went. I think that's the easiest way to get people not to be influenced by the choices of others.

Good idea.

:lol: Haha, wow Sadguru - you're on a roll here! I must say, this is the most exciting thread I've come by in years, lol. I can't wait to check this out and yes, Mumblefood's idea about the PM's is perfect!

Expect to receive my results later this evening. o_O MY GOD, if i fuck up cd quality and 56Kbps I'll REALLY give myself a heart-attack. I'm the most picky when it comes to sound - I realize this about myself - and I'm expecting to get a perfect score now, hehe.

Edit: JESUS! Still busy????

And I NEED to be confirmed here, sadguru...there's NO POSSIBLE way to cheat this time around? I mean, let's have fun here, even if there IS a way to get around just find the will power to not do so. I trust everyone that will partake in this test revision.

:lol: Haha, wow Sadguru - you're on a roll here! I must say, this is the most exciting thread I've come by in years, lol. I can't wait to check this out and yes, Mumblefood's idea about the PM's is perfect!

Expect to receive my results later this evening. o_O MY GOD, if i fuck up cd quality and 56Kbps I'll REALLY give myself a heart-attack. I'm the most picky when it comes to sound - I realize this about myself - and I'm expecting to get a perfect score now, hehe.

Edit: JESUS! Still busy????

And I NEED to be confirmed here, sadguru...there's NO POSSIBLE way to cheat this time around? I mean, let's have fun here, even if there IS a way to get around just find the will power to not do so. I trust everyone that will partake in this test revision.
I guess there's always a cheating possibility.

Thanks for your enthousiam, I'll wait for the results. Good luck!

sorry to clutter the thread, but would it be possible to upload this to some other hosting service such as sendspace.com, rapidshare.de, etc? YSI has been down for hours.

How do you have different qualities in one file? Wouldn't you have to convert the whole thing into a specific bitrate?