Audio test: 128kbps vs 192kbps vs 320kbps vs cd quality

1. 192 Kbps
2. 320 Kbps
3. CD Quality
4. 128 Kbps

OH MY GOD, this has drove me crazy like you have NO IDEA! And here I thought I would tell the difference no problem - :rolleyes: well, shyeahhhh right.

This was fucking tough, I went back and fourth regularly but dammit, I just want to see the results now SADGURU! Hehe.

By the way, this was a damn CLEVER idea. :) I like it...alot.

Reactions: Sadguru
1. 192 Kbps
2. 320 Kbps
3. CD Quality
4. 128 Kbps

OH MY GOD, this has drove me crazy like you have NO IDEA! And here I thought I would tell the difference no problem - :rolleyes: well, shyeahhhh right.

This was fucking tough, I went back and fourth regularly but dammit, I just want to see the results now SADGURU! Hehe.

By the way, this was a damn CLEVER idea. :) I like it...alot.
Thanks man! :headbang:

You know what? In all honesty, I just fucking guessed at it - randomly...does this all really matter now? Shit, it makes ya wonder what the point is in listening to your cd's now except the fact that sub-conciously you KNOW it's better.

edit: And damn, I DID get NEW speakers recently...they are worth $549.99 (JBL E80 series) for the pair through a $299.99 Kenwood receiver (PLII Music setting.);

Here's the setup if anyone is interested;

...and it was STILL fucking hard.

Haha, funny how I mixed up 128kbps and CD quality. Shows that with good compression the bitrate doesn't really matter unless you have a really good system. Nice test, Sadguru.
Thanks! Between, your nickname is familiar to me. Are you in a band or something?

Whoa, I went a bit wrong there.

Btw Sadguru, it was possible to rank the files based on their degree of compression in the rar file - bigger the file, higher the quality. I disregarded that though (of course), but i'll give the winners the credit:)

Whoa, I went a bit wrong there.

Btw Sadguru, it was possible to rank the files based on their degree of compression in the rar file - bigger the file, higher the quality. I disregarded that though (of course), but i'll give the winners the credit:)
No, I actually took care of that. People would have cheated otherwise.

Strange. The "packed" column corresponds with the results.

192 4,724,318
128 4,688,332
320 4,799,142
CD 4,846,835

Why is this? I'm computer illiterate btw

huh? You're kidding me? I just checked out and it seems that the compressed size differs from the actual size.

My little experiment is ruined :cry:
thanks for pointing that out btw.

edit: I might make a part II of that test if I find out a way to have all the sizes even.

you could edit the tracks together into a single file separated by a few seconds of silence.