Audio test REVISED

I don't see how it would hurt the integrity of this test to pm me results,

oh well

We'd have to trust that you didn't PM others the results, etc. Keeping it close to the vest is the best stance to take.

Having iTunes/iPod trouble right now. Doubt I'll be able to do this. I'm too fucking busy tearing my hair out and being totally pissed off.

We'd have to trust that you didn't PM others the results, etc. Keeping it close to the vest is the best stance to take.

Having iTunes/iPod trouble right now. Doubt I'll be able to do this. I'm too fucking busy tearing my hair out and being totally pissed off.
hehe

Well, I got the last 2 right, the 192 and 56 kbps

My two cents: I think this test was most likely harder than the other test, which I didn't participate in. There were only sound clips and this song had no drums which makes all those tips on the other thread useless.

I found it very hard to find any point of reference to compare these tracks, also the sound clips seperated by silence...did not help any, although it made it impossible to cheat I guess...

Well, I got the last 2 right, the 192 and 56 kbps

My two cents: I think this test was most likely harder than the other test, which I didn't participate in. There were only sound clips and this song had no drums which makes all those tips on the other thread useless.

I found it very hard to find any point of reference to compare these tracks, also the sound clips seperated by silence...did not help any, although it made it impossible to cheat I guess...

My point of reference was just a little after the "crest" of the crescendo. It's easily heard on the 56kbps clip where there is artifacting, and if you listen to the other clips, each one (except the CD quality one, and i couldn't notice it really on the 320 kbps) had that. To distinguish the 320 from the CD i had to listen again more for things dealing with "crispness" and soundstage. When there's compression it seems to dull things out to me and the imaging somehow seems worse.

What the hell, my headphones suck huge ass! I'm really pissed off about this!

Friggin' aye. It makes me sound like an idiot. I got every single one wrong except for the last one.

The worst part is, I don't know how I could confuse CD quality with 128kbps. Wow.

What the hell, my headphones suck huge ass! I'm really pissed off about this!

Friggin' aye. It makes me sound like an idiot. I got every single one wrong except for the last one.

The worst part is, I don't know how I could confuse CD quality with 128kbps. Wow.

Last time a BUNCH of people did that, and i was making posts about it in the thread laughing at them. haha. But i deleted them upon request because it might have biased the results of people after me.

I really don't know how that can happen though... haha...

Well, shitty headphones maybe?

I listened to the parts several times over and I did notice a difference between them. I guess I was just looking for the wrong things or something. I was mostly paying attention to the "electronic" sounds that tend to happen at lower bit rates, and which one had it happen more frequently. I even put the track in audacity and looked at the audio levels for each part. Oh well. I suppose I did everything incorrectly. :rolleyes: